Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • recomend me a campsite in the peaks…. please…
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…

as title. comming up later in the year and tbf we could stay with family in either chesterfield or hathersage but its a little crowded. plus we havnt been camping for ages…

so where is good? dark peak for preference please

cheers

nickswolves
    Free Member

I highly recommend Coopers Camp site in Edale. Decent cafe on site serving breakfasts and lunches and a good local pub opposite for your evening meals (assuming your not cooking that is). Facilities also fine. Take a few 20p coins for the showers. Prime place for some biking up Mam Tor, Jacobs Ladder etc without having to get in the car.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=2997

Shorty121
    Free Member

There’s an excellent one between Taddington and Buxton but it may not be in the area you want

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

If Nickcwolves one is the same one I’ve stayed at, the pub over the road is really good for food too, and also has its own micro brewery on site (or did several years ago).

daftvader
    Free Member

i dont really mind but if its the hathersage end its not too far from free tea and cake at my sisters 😀 plus it does need to be child and dog friendly

toppers3933
    Free Member

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4679

have stayed here 3 times and have really liked it every time. just outside bakewell. both child and dog friendly.

not dark peak though.

daftvader
    Free Member

oooo good call topper… just remembered the shop in bakewell that sells bush meat… zebra bbq anyone?!?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Old Man Cooper is an entertainment on his own and worth the camping fee.
    If you want quiter camping then Fieldhead in Edale is nice but you have to carry your gear to your pitch from the carpark.
    I would avoid Laneside in Hope as it gets packed and is naxt to the main valley road.
    There is a campsite in Hathersage but the name escapes me (can’t look it up either as I’m in a field on Anglesey at the moment) I think it’s up Jaggers Lane in the direction of Stanage.
    Quite a few around Hope and Bamford are next to the road or trainline so you will get some noise.
    Sorry I couldn’t offer more good ones but at least you know what to watch out for.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Old Man Cooper is an entertainment on his own and worth the camping fee.

Like a comedy character!

If Nickcwolves one is the same one I’ve stayed at, the pub over the road is really good for food too, and also has its own micro brewery on site (or did several years ago).

Not sure about micro brewery but they do awesome German beer called Dortmunder and a nice Hereford Cider

daftvader
    Free Member

will look at all options then give the brother in law a shout cos im sure one of his extended and protracted family will know someone who can get us a deal (his family have been in the hope valley for EVER)

rascal
    Free Member

Coopers in Edale. End of.

Kryton57

nickswolves – this is it: Note the own brew beer in the website detail: http://the-old-nags-head.co.uk/

garage-dweller

There was one called Nether Booth many years ago just west of Edale up a narrow track to a farmhouse past the cafe/tea van whatever it was near bottom of jacobs ladder.

Been a decade since i.went there. Was quite simple iirc but nice setting although long stroll to the pub.

northernmatt

Coopers is good. Only stayed there once and it lashed down all weekend. They do enforce the quiet rule as well which is nice.

Hardhurst Farm just outside Hope is good as well. Nice hot showers and the cafe does a cracking breakfast of the cooked variety. I shall be there a week on Friday for a few days.

Pieface

Birchover would be handy for Chesterfield and on paper should be a good campsite, but it attracts ALOT of townie campers.

Was like Glastonbury the one time I went.

hora
    Free Member

Coopers (tick)

nickswolves
    Free Member

nickswolves – this is it: Note the own brew beer in the website detail: http://the-old-nags-head.co.uk/

Never realised that – obviously enjoying the food and cider too much to notice!! 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘recomend me a campsite in the peaks…. please…’ is closed to new replies.