Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Reckless?
  • wwaswas

It’s what stunt pegs are for

probably a bit daft, but ‘reckless’?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Stupid more like and adds grist to the mill for cyclist-haters!

davidrussell
    Free Member

He had a hi-viz on at least….

stumpy01

Hmmmm, I’m not sure it’s exactly ‘reckless’ – we used to do this all the time when we were nippers – with those weedy screw on trick nuts.

A few yrs ago we used to go out into Cambridge – me and two mates. One of them had a BMX and we perfected the one on front, one on back, one pedalling method of getting into town (it was pretty much slightly downhill). Admittedly it was a bit precarious, but we always walked in busy areas.

nickc

seen worse TBH

brant
    Free Member

Load of fun good news stories on that page too – sigh…

GaryLake
    Free Member

lol

If the rider had been performing stunts on his BMX such as the “Walltap Barspin”, the “360 Ledge” or the “Foot Jam Endo” then the child would certainly have been in danger and this would have been irresponsible.

miketually
    Free Member

I can’t see the problem with it, to be honest. It’s be safer with full mudguards – the guys never going to be a grandad if his kid slips off and his bits get pulled through on the tyre.

jfeb
    Free Member

By some standards (check out what they carry on scooters in Vietnam) that bike is under-utilised!

My wife wouldn’t let me get away with that but otherwise I might be tempted 😉

Rich
    Free Member

He may be a child snatcher offering an unsuspecting child a lift on his rather trendy bicycle yet no-one intervened.
    There is something a little unsavoury about grown men in tjeir 30s and 40s riding these so-called stunt bikes and hanging out in children’s playgrounds as they seem to these days.

😯

That’s a few people on here told then!

You’re all potential paedophiles apparently.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Not a great idea as that is a busy junction that one…lucky there wasn’t an emergency call at the fire station!

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Non-story.
    That is all.

SiB
    Free Member

The kid looks old enough to make sure he doesnt fall off which IMO makes it safer than a baby/kids seat that is physically attached to the bike and the user tied into the chair…….wherever the bike goes so does the passenger when they’re in a seat – not good when your bike ends up horizontal on the road. At least standing on nuts gives the kid chance to jump off in such instances.

In saying that though I wouldnt recommend it……….but as Stumpy01 was saying we used to do it all the time when we were kids and we lived to see adulthood

NorthShaun
    Free Member

Thats nothing compared to stuff I used to get up to when I was a kid! Climb up a Gasometer anyone?

finbar
    Free Member

Remember being gutted when our metalwork teacher wouldn’t let us make stunt pegs on the lathe.

(did it anyway, mind)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reckless?’ is closed to new replies.