Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rechargeable AA Batteries
  • slowclimb
    Free Member

I need to get some new rechargeable AA batteries to use in my Hope Vision 1, all the ones I’ve used in the past have been a bit rubbish. Are there any that anybody would recommend, and does the milliamp amount matter?
    I only got a tiny amount of charge at full level with any others I’ve tried.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve used these guys several times and found them good. Not the cheapest though. 7dayshop are good too.

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/

does the milliamp amount matter?

Assuming you mean the mAh figure, then yes – that’s the capacity so a higher number (assuming it’s accurate – many less reputable brands massively over-claim on that figure) means your lights will run longer.

slowclimb
    Free Member

Great cheers clubber, I thought that was the case with milliamps but thought I would check.

Conan257
    Free Member

Eneloops are regarded very highly. Will have to check if they work well in bike lights though.

clubber
    Free Member

Eneloops would be good if you used your lights with long breaks inbetween (since they self-discharge very slowly) but less good otherwise as the capacity seems to be less than other available for similar/less money.

mintimperial

The best rechargeable batteries I’ve used are Vapex ones. Here, the NIMH+ ‘New technology’ ones, green and grey with ‘INSTANT’ on them. I run a couple of rear lights on them, among other things, and they hold charge well and last for much longer than any other rechargeable I’ve used.

Good for kids toys too, they’ll sit unused in the cupboard for months and still work when they get dug out again…

onandon
    Free Member

Another huge plus for using Eneloops – they aren’t temperature sensitive like nicads.
    pretty import if using in bike lights over the winter.

Eneloop XXX black series are a bit more money but worth every penny.

StirlingCrispin

Eneloops by the bucket in our house.
    But use something like a Technoline BL-700 Battery Charger to really get the best out of any battery.
    http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/technoline/technoline-BL700.asp

willyboy
    Free Member

Enloops again. I leave them in a drawer most of the year and only seem to use them in the winter for my lights. They are one of my best biking investments (along with m520 pedals).

ahwiles
    Free Member

basically, what they ^ said.

but don’t overlook the ansmann 2850’s – for a little more run time than eneloops, if a little less great at holding charge for weeks/months.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I’ve ended up with several sets of 7dayshop 2900mAh and the BL-700 charger SC links to keep my pair of Vision 1’s going. They need recharging about once a week, so I can live without the Eneloops clever internals for the higher capacity and lower cost. All IMHO, obv!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rechargeable AA Batteries’ is closed to new replies.