Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recently knocked off my bike- advice please
  • watermatt

Guys, just a brief one. On the way into work this am a car ran into the back of me. I managed to stay upright but immediately the bike was unridable and although I felt fine at the time I’ve since began to stiffen up.

I spoke to the driver and got there details. I’m now wondering if its best to go back to them to sort out the repairs or go through the bike shops promoted claim company. I’m dead against blame companies but equally can’t be bothered explaining to someone why bikes cost what they do etc etc and risking being out of pocket.

Any advice or knowledge of bike accidents would be grea . Cheers

Kahurangi

1. See your doctor ASAP.
    2. Get your own quotes for replacement parts and/or ask a bike shop for a quote. If the other party doesn’t like it then pass them your itemised list of repairs + labour and ask them to find any mistakes. You have their insurance details, right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

member of BC or CTC? Check your home insurance for legal cover too.

lalazar
    Free Member

This happened to a friend of mine and got sorted pretty quick. If the guy who hit you isn’t disputing it his insurers don’t want to pay thousands to solicitors so if your injuries are similar to whiplash they will negotiate with you direct. My mate had his Stumpjumper replaced via wheelie and had a cheque for injuries within three weeks.As poster above has said see your definitely see your doctor just to be on Hythe safe side.

Speshpaul

Get yourself checked out first.
    if you have been punted from behind theres a good chance you have really have got whip lash to some degree (no head restaint) best get that in hand first.

I’d just go through the insurance thats what its there for.

i hope you are ok and feeling better asap.

best wishes Paul

watermatt

Cheers guys for the advice.

I was feeling a little lost before but I’m now confident I’ll get it sorted.

Last night I popped to the docs and I’m glad I did because over the course of the day I had starter to cease up.

Thanks again
    Matt

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Report it to the police

blurty

I think you can join the CTC now, and they will still deal with the incident for you. I know from experience that they are 1st class.

Give them a call (contact details here)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recently knocked off my bike- advice please’ is closed to new replies.