Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • recent conditions at dalby
  • HansRey

hi,

i've never been to dalby (on bike) despite my parents living 30mins away. Thinking about asking my dad if he'd like to go.

Reckon the red run will be OK for an MTB newbie, on a mid 90's rigid scott with canti brakes and semi-slick tyres? I've heard that it can be a bit of a mud fest which may take the fun off for my dad

HR

roughneck
    Free Member

Not that much mud on the red. There are chicken runs round any hard bits. You can use the fire roads to get back to the car park when you've had enough. I think is about 23ish miles. About 1 1/2 to 4 hours depending who you talk to.

Driller
    Free Member

Assuming this isn't a joke and I'm missing the point (which somehow I think I must be) Dalby at this time of year for an MTB newbie on an old skool bike will be a complete nightmare.

Anyone who can do the Red in 1.5Hrs must be superhuman, anything under 3hrs is a good time, especially in the current conditions.

But like I said, I might be missing someting here (the bottle of Longrow and several pints might be partly to blame).

HansRey

not a joke. My dad rides road so fitness is not an issue. Driller, why would it be a complete nightmare?

I've sourced some high volume mud tires for him to make it easier for him. I know the WC route is a little mad, but surely the red can't be that technical?!

uplink
    Free Member

Dalby was very wet yesterday – probably the wettest & filthiest I've seen it in a long time

abrasive too 🙂

andywarner
    Free Member

i sometimes d it on a mid-90s kona with 63mm of travel up front. you could do it fully rigid but not sure ho much fun it would be.

roughneck
    Free Member

just joking about the times, but some people on here like to tell tails.
    Every body has just got used to riding nice new bikes. what did we do in the 90's. I used to ride round dalby on rigid hard tail back in the 90's.

roughneck
    Free Member

Just more mud back then!

HansRey

good, well this sounds ok then. I might even take some pics and post some up too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘recent conditions at dalby’ is closed to new replies.