Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Receiving items from the US – How?
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a bit from the US that was despatched a couple of weeks ago.

It’s come all the way from Colorado via San Fran by USPS. Tracked and traced in a very reassuring manner.

The last update was a despatch from ‘A London Airport’ on Saturday evening. Now no new updates since that event.

Who handles the UK side of this delivery? Royal Fail? Or Parcelfarce? I’ve tried to put the tracking number into both but without luck. Is there some trick to the tracking number I’m missing?

Or is it likely to be carried by someone else? Who?

Anyone know who’s likely to have my box?

scotroutes

It’ll depend who the carrier was but you might be required to pay duty/VAT on the item so expect a letter/card outlining the procedure you’ll need to make payment before they’ll send the goods.

Try putting your tracking number in here: https://www.17track.net/en

legend
    Free Member

USPS goes to RM or Parcelfarce iirc. Regardless, it’ll be the customs man who has your box at the moment, RM/Parcelfarce will then bill you for the VAT and Import Tax and at some point after that you’ll get your stuff

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m prepared to pay the duty etc. I just wish they’d get a crack on and ask for it.

scotroutes – I’ve tried the link you posted and I’ve got

Departed, Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on December 3, 2016 at 10:33 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Which is more or less what USPS says. I’d hope for a clue what happened after that…

Houns

It’ll be on way or in the customs/Royal Mail place. Not exactly the quietest time of year for parcels at the moment

trail_rat
    Free Member

its sitting in customs .

i had this when my EM3EV package came through.

took 2 weeks from arrival in country to get to me.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Don’t forget they had Thanksgiving which can slow shipments somewhat.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It was posted the day after Thanksgiving.

metalheart
    Free Member

I ordered some TOGS from Jenson’s.

Ordered them on Tuesday 29th and they arrived this Tuesday… or would have had I been in.

Been through customs and everything. £3.23 vat and £8 ‘handling’ fee…

welshfarmer

You can get plenty of practice if you order from the EU post Brexit 🙂

scotroutes

Fitted yet?

metalheart
    Free Member

Fitted yet?

Nope. Its taken me all my time to tape up the frame and pack my bags!

Plus I’ve that secret project that’s secret…. 😀

dovebiker

I had a consignment come from China last week – Parcelforce handled the clearances / freight forwarding. Tracked it online to see when it arrived at my local depot – turned up with the consignment number, ID paid the fees and got my package – 8 days door to door.

If you mail something internationally via USPS I don’t think you can track it outside of the US. Unless they shipped it with the expensive tracking option, which they probably didn’t. This means that once it gets to a UK airport that’s the last you hear about it from USPS. It could be in customs or it could be in a van to be delivered! I can’t say about the tax side but I have sent lots of things from here (Colorado) to the UK with USPS and had no issues. Not sent anything at this time of year though.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s been a solid week and still no update.

And I don’t even know who I could approach for an update.

I hoped for a bit more clarity.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Receiving items from the US – How?’ is closed to new replies.