Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reccommend me some knock about winter boots
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Comfortable, not too heavy, mostly leather preferred, casual look, not a ton of laces!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

no one? 😉

maccruiskeen

‘Winter boots’ for what purpose? Town or country? Active and breathable or insulated for more stationary pursuits?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

all purpose, nothing fancy dan, must have grip, the sort you can just pull on and go and not worry about! thinking robust, but not like a walking boot.

i used to have a pair of cats ages ago that kind of thing maybe – Maybe doc martens is the way to go?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

tempted by these if i can find a pair converse jobbies.

benp1

timberlands? There’s a dark brown one that looks good

Laces might be a prob, are you young/cool enough to be able to rock the half done up Timbs look?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’m hip! 8)

CountZero

Frankly, I think the OP’s requirements are somewhat contradictory; if I’m going to be outdoors wearing a boot that’s going to be grippy, able to withstand muck and water, and is casual, then it’s, by the very nature of such things, going to look like this:

Meindle Groden, or this, a pair of which I actually own, and wear when it’s cold and crappy;

Meindle Soelden

maccruiskeen

If you’re allergic to laces – maybe Blundstones or Buckler’s non-safety range. Buckler’s laced non-safety boots are not very lacy – just 3 lace pairs of eyelets so on and off very easily.

Not as easy to throw on and off but if you like the converse above theres leather versions of Paladiums

househusband
    Free Member

Alt Berg Defender army boots; Vibram sole, made in Yorkshire, light, get more and more comfortable each time you wear them.

£200 or so for civilian equivalent walking boot new, or around £50 new on eBay…

They do have laces, mind.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

I like Sorel Ankeny mid hiker. Warm enough for winter without looking like full on snow boots

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

thanks all, some great suggestions. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reccommend me some knock about winter boots’ is closed to new replies.