Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Reccomend me a PS4 game
  • robbo1234biking

I like story driven titles generally. I enjoy shooters but want there to be back story to them. Most recently have enjoyed Far Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto 5, Sniper Elite 4, Unchartered 4, Wolfenstein.

I have been playing Mafia 3 and although there is a back story it seems a bit lost between the tedious tasks they make you perform that have nothing to do with the story. Same issue with Ghost Recon. Both games seem to have tried to elongate the story with tedious missions.

The Mrs is away for a few days next week so as the designated responsible adult to our 3yr old I will have a few evenings in front of the TV and therefore time to play something.

I am considering the Order 1886 as it is very cheap on PS store. Other options are Dirt 4 as I enjoy rally games. I got Dirt Rally last year and although I enjoyed it I didn’t have time to get to grasps with the simulation aspect. This years title sounds more accessible.

I don’t play multiplayer so really looking for single player focussed games.

Jamie
    Free Member

The order is a terrible game.

You’ve probably played it, but if not go for The Last Of Us. Probably best story driven game on the PS4.

Dishonoured 2 or the surprisingly good Titanfall 2 single player campaign.

robbo1234biking

Yeh have done last of Us and Titanfall 2. Was surprised by it!

Will have a look at Dishonoured 2

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FuzzyWuzzy

What about more RPG type stuff like Dark Souls 3 and Witcher 3?

ebennett

I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn – similar to Far Cry in some aspects, but with robot dinosaurs 😆 . Also, the 2 most recent Tomb Raider games are really good.

robbo1234biking

I have tried Fallout 4 and one from about 4 years ago which was popular at the time but I cant remember the name! Don’t really get on with RPG’s.

Have also done the Assasins Creed titles and the new Tomb Raider titles.

I seem to have done more games than I think!

Creg

Borderlands series?

Mostly shooter but with a bit of RPG built in. Good story to them and some good humour too. Usually available as a bundle deal on the PS Store called “Handsome Collection”

Daffy

Deus Ex

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Bioshock? Not sure of they do it for Ps4 but it is an awesome game with a really interesting story.

P-Jay
    Free Member

robbo1234biking – Member

I like story driven titles generally. I enjoy shooters but want there to be back story to them. Most recently have enjoyed Far Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto 5, Sniper Elite 4, Unchartered 4, Wolfenstein.

I have been playing Mafia 3 and although there is a back story it seems a bit lost between the tedious tasks they make you perform that have nothing to do with the story. Same issue with Ghost Recon. Both games seem to have tried to elongate the story with tedious missions.

The Mrs is away for a few days next week so as the designated responsible adult to our 3yr old I will have a few evenings in front of the TV and therefore time to play something.

I am considering the Order 1886 as it is very cheap on PS store. Other options are Dirt 4 as I enjoy rally games. I got Dirt Rally last year and although I enjoyed it I didn’t have time to get to grasps with the simulation aspect. This years title sounds more accessible.

I don’t play multiplayer so really looking for single player focussed games.

Holy dap dancing Christ, I’m fallen into a parallel universe and found the PlayStation version of myself…

Anyhow – sorry to Hijack, but…

The Mrs is away for a few days next week – this.

So as the designated responsible adult to our 3yr old I will have a few evenings in front of the TV and therefore time to play something – this.

I enjoy shooters but want there to be back story to them. Most recently have enjoyed Far Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto 5 – this.

I don’t play multiplayer so really looking for single player focussed games – this.

So if anyone knows of any Xbox One games – I’m all ears.

Jamie
    Free Member

So if anyone knows of any Xbox One games – I’m all ears.

The only game that made me want an Xbox.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cklw-Yu3moE[/video]

Cougar

Story driven games?

Life is Strange. Available on Xbox One / 360 and PS4 / PS3.

You can thank me later.

colournoise

Creg – Member
    Borderlands series?

Brilliant, fun games but I’d say the story aspect is a bit thin.

Bioshock Infinite has a great story (first game for a long time where I felt at the end that it actually would work as a film) and a brilliant visual style.

comfyman
    Free Member

Life is Strange is one of the free games this month I think.

I tried it, and decided I wasn’t enjoying being a teenage girl as much as I should have.

So back to Horizon, which is very good.

johndoh
    Free Member

I like Last Of Us as a story but for the life of me I cannot get the hang of the controls – sometimes spend minutes trying to remember what combination I need to press to switch weapons/tools etc. Drives me bonkers.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Life is Strange.

Anything in that genre/theme for a 10yr old girl?

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

How is this even a conversation..
    Horizon Zero Dawn is possibly the best game on PS4 right now of the type you are looking at.. open world but story driven, you can work your way straight through the story mostly uninterrupted by side-missions, but if you just want to zone out for an hour you can pick up side-missions that are interesting and that fill out the world and the back story.
    It looks gorgeous (PS4 Pro with 4K HDR TV helps but even without its is lovely to look at), combat is varied and engaging. If you want to, thee are multiple ways to achieve objectives..
    As far as I’m concerned anyone looking for a single player game on PS4 right now who hasn’t played this should be starting here.

robbo1234biking

Horizon Zero Dawn has me interested. Will have a look at some gameplay vids tonight. Will see if I can get Life is Strange on download as well.

P-Jay – good luck with the search!

Cougar

Life is Strange is one of the free games this month I think.

I tried it, and decided I wasn’t enjoying being a teenage girl as much as I should have.

It’s episodic, the first ep is free usually.

It’s worth sticking with. Playing a teenage girl will be a barrier to entry for some and it starts off pretty slowly and a bit twee, but once you get into it it’s awesome. It’s probably in my top two games of the last-gen console.

Jamie
    Free Member

You can thank me later.

What about after he wakes up? 8)

If you like walking simulators, I loved Everyone’s Gone To Raptute.

gauss1777
    Free Member

[/quote] I like Last Of Us as a story but for the life of me I cannot get the hang of the controls

Ha, I have the same problem with quite a few games. As much as I tried to play GTA, I couldn’t drive a car more than 100 yards before totally destroying it on lampposts and the like 😀

PJay
    Free Member

If you don’t mind RPG (and assuming that the PS4 version is as good as the PC one) then I’d recommend The Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition. It’s story driven but still open world and great fun.

clubby

Old now, do you may have done it but Infamous Second Son.
    Single player mode of Destiny is pretty good and can be had very cheap now. You’ll miss out on a lot of extra features not playing online but still a lot to do.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i picked up horizon zero dawn for 25 quid about a month or so ago, and it’s ruined my life, it’s so immersive and addictive to play! and yes, looks absolutely stunning, even on ps4 slim/32″ 720p telly…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a PS4 game’ is closed to new replies.