Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reccomend me a large saddle bag for commuting / bikepacking
  • haydenw
    Free Member

Hi there,

I was wondering if you have any recommendations for a large saddle bag that would be used for my commute to work (so would need to be big enough to carry shirt trousers and shoes etc) and maybe for bikepacking.

It doesn’t need to be waterproof as i have dry bags i could use. I’ve considered pannier bags but want to avoid this if possible. I’ve had a quick look on google but cant see anything that looks suitable (the pictures all make them look tiny!)

Cheers,

Hayden.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

here you go and you can use your drybags

http://wildcatgear.co.uk/tag/tiger/

haydenw
    Free Member

Cheers Valleydaddy – that looks perfect for me to use with the drybags!

StirlingCrispin

Carradice Camper Longflap.
    http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&product_id=35&under
    I use mine with a SQR block. After a decade of almost daily usage it’s just starting to show some wear on the top of one of the pockets.
    Spa Cycles is the place to buy from – your mail-order local shop.

tinribz
    Free Member

Another Carradice fan, I’ve a longflap for credit card touring and a zipped roll for day trips. Can be expensive with the SQR, but quick release can be used with other bags, and still a lot cheaper than quality pannier set ups.

haydenw
    Free Member

Thanks for your input guys. The Carradice in the picture looks ideal.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Not sure about bikepacking but my carradice SQR Slim is great for commuting. Can get a laptop aswell as a change of clothes into it. I slid on ice last Feb and my rear mech would have suffered damage (as it had the year before) had it not been for the bag which was completely unscathed from sliding along the road surface.

AlasdairMc

How stable is the SQR block offroad? I’ve got a longflap and had to return the Bagman rack as it fell apart. The bag itself is bombproof and massive.

mauronappolini
    Free Member

Have a look at bike pack.eu. I have just received one and the workmanship is very very good. Have not tested it out yet but it does swallow a lot of kit.

d45yth
    Free Member

mauronappolini – Member

Have a look at bike pack.eu. I have just received one and the workmanship is very very good. Have not tested it out yet but it does swallow a lot of kit.
    +1. No brackets to attach, water resistant and adjustable sizing (roll top like a dry bag).
    The large must be massive. I’ve a medium one and it’s more than big enough for my needs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a large saddle bag for commuting / bikepacking’ is closed to new replies.