Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Reccomend me a hydration pack please
  • ss
    Free Member

I used to have a North Face Dogfish and am looking for the same or similar.

Needs to…
    Have 1.5-2L bladder
    Have a waist strap
    Be able to take a tube, multi-tool, levers and a pump
    Not be so big that the above are bouncing around inside

Anyone got something similar that they like?

Cheers 😀

warpcow
    Free Member

I can recommend the Camelbak Lobo. fulfils all your requirements except it's a 3L bladder and, if you really push it, you can get a small windproof in with all the tools and tubes (one of the pockets is also waterproof). Doesn't bounce about at all as it sits quite long and narrow on the back.

EDIT: though I am probably going to buy a Wingnut 2.5 next month just for a change.

RealMan
    Free Member

+1 for the camelbak that suits what you want the most. I actually have a lobo that I don't really use any more, yours for £25? I'll have to dig it out first.

singlespeedstu

Wingnut FTW.

yunki
    Free Member

my local tk maxx have a unfashionable but functional 2L gelert number for £11

_tom_
    Free Member

Tescos £10 one works alright for me. 1.5l bladder. Fits a tube, puncture kit including 2 levers, multi tool, chain breaker, pump, wallet, keys, phone and the all important sandwich box! Can make your back sweaty though but I've not used any others so can't say whether it's better or worse.

saxabar
    Free Member

RealMan – I'll take that off your hands assuming bladder is clean and all is in good condition. Paypal gift?

sparkerfix

Quite impressed with the Osprey pack. Get on with filling the blader easier than Camelback. Remains to be seen what longevity is like.

Simon

I like my Camelbak Octane XCT, I've been using it over the summer.
    There's room for all the stuff you listed, except a pump, I take CO2 instead.

Has a waist belt with mesh pockets and is very stable and doesn't move around.

Merlin has them for £37.95

Popocatapetl

+1 for the camelbak lobo. Two decent sized pockets and you can fit a pump in with the bladder. Good ventilation on the back and a waist and chest strap. i ditched the waist strap as i found the chest strap sufficient. i paid £54.00 for mine.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I get on well with my Camelbak Mule. Ever so predictable but it's absolutely bombproof.

rossrobot
    Free Member

+1 for the Camelback Octane XCT – it's not the biggest, but I can fit my waterproof under the elastic tubing on the back, small pump and one inner tube inside with the bladder, and the side pockets on the waist strap are really handy for multi-tool/energy bars/cash/phone. Not waterproof though.

singlespeedstu

If you want something like a Wingnut that carrys the weight lower down your back but don't want to pay the price of a Wingnut you might want to take a look at these.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/diosaz-10-raid-67869748/
    I tried one on the other day and it's not quite as lowslung and cumfy as the cock n ball but does sit a lot lower than anything that's currently available from the usual makes.

ratherbeintobago

+1 for the Mule. Next year's Camelbak reservoirs look like a significant improvement (better shape; detachable hose).

TBH I don't bother for anything less than 2-3h though – can get by with bottle & saddle pack.

Andy

Grimy
    Free Member

Like singlespeedstu I have a decathelon bag, although I have a forclaz 30air, and it really suits me well. Its on the larger side, and perhaps slighty heavier than a camelback mule, but I really do like it! Its designed more for an all day hike, but the upshot is its incredibaly comfortable, the weight is nice and low around my hips, and it has huge foam pads to hold it off you back allowing lots of air to circulate, whilst providing great back protection in the old tuck and roll dismount. The straps and nicely padded, and the waist band has two side pockets that you can reach whilst riding, usefull for your phone, or in my case, my inhalour should I want to take a cheeky puff without stopping and looking like a demic. The bag has a huge 30 litre capacitly, but pull the load straps up and its as thin as anything! and nothing shuffles about inside. Even comes with a little zip out extra waterproof hood for epically wet and muddy rides when you want to keep your bag and back dry.

I know it wont suit everyone, and chances are youll discard it because its not specifically aimed at cycling, but if your ever in a decathelon shop, just try one on. Ive recently been looking at something smaller for quick local rides out, and ive tryed loads of camelbacks etc in the local Evens, and in comparison they feel awfull and cheap, with the weight far to high up for my liking. Still, each to their own. I decided on a small saddle pack to keep my repair kit in for the local evening blast, and whislt the bags really not a problem, it is nice to ride bareback! 😆

singlespeedstu

Grimy.
    I don't have the Quencha bag but when I saw it I though i'd try it on to see how it compared to my Wingnut.
    BTW I see Camelbak are soon to release a similar design…

ss
    Free Member

Cheers guys, good responses, I'll have a butcher at some of these.

I've been riding lately with a water bottle and have put tubes, tools etc in my back pockets roadie style but my recently fixed full sus doesn't have a bottle cage hence the need for a small pack.

Ta

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey. Awesome.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a hydration pack please’ is closed to new replies.