Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reccomend me a head torch for running – no MTB content
  • buckster
    Free Member

– budget around 50-80 quid or less but needs to be reliable and ‘usable’, thanks

Trimix
    Free Member

Alpkit is your answer.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Petzl, had a few over the years and used them all over the world.
    Never let me down.

Cougar

Not being rude, but this question gets asked about once a week. Have a look here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:singletrackworld.com+head+torch+running

buckster
    Free Member

Thanks, that topic is closed and a year old. Ill keep googling though 😉

stever
    Free Member

New Petzl Reaktik looks pretty good at top end of your budget: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=8723

mogrim
    joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d have said alpkit until recently.

Now u’d say decathlon they do a tiny one on a ball joint with battery at the back the lightweight and small driver doesnt bounce nearly as much as anything else i’ve tried.

The red light on the alpkit ones is a nice feature i do actually miss

turboferret

I recently bought an Exposure one, which is very nice, but the Decathlon are looking like excellent value and similar performance.

Cheers, Rich

buckster
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I went for a Petzl Nao v1 as there are some deals available at the moment, £100 to my door. Thanks all for your help

ajf
    Free Member

I recently needed something for both running and biking, having previously had an OLD hope vision 2.

I went with this, well within budget

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xeccon-Geinea-1-Revolutionary-front-light-and-helmet-mount-850-Lumen-/291943030389?hash=item43f9291e75

from Torchy to ensure decent batteries and charger and then bought a headstrap from china for 1 whole pounds.

BRIGHT! comfortable on the head as its tiny.

Some people don’t like putting the battery pack in something like a bumbag but as I generally have a bum bag for waterproofs, food etc (trail and fell mainly) and that was the situ for the hope lights then I have no problem with it.

Plus it makes a very competent bar light for the bike

steve_b77
    Free Member

LED Lenser make a few that are suitable and they’re brilliant to be fair, properly waterproof and can be seriously bright.

We get issued them at work (which is nice), the battery life is great and the H7.2R one in particular is more than bright enough for running through woods at night on single track.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Decathlon do a chest mounted light that’s very good – also has a red light on the back. I use one of those (£30.00) and one of their Geonaute 410 head-torches (£17.99) and that’s been a great combination, even when running in the hills where there is no light at all.

tillyfishes
    Free Member

Just got a petzl reactik. Absolute fantastic, couldn’t fault it!

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I recently got one of these as my alpkit (admittedly a low-end one) wasn’t really up to nighttime hill runs.

The beam on the led lenser is ace, you get a big area of completely uniform light, not a spot and then rings of decreasing brightness.

Brightness can be dialled in, literally, with a dial on the back.

stever
    Free Member

Just got a petzl reactik. Absolute fantastic, couldn’t fault it!

That’s pricked my ears up. The 300 lumen headline figure isn’t massive on paper but impressive in real life I take it? Using a 900 lumen (which I don’t believe) eBay Cree at the moment. I generally use the medium setting but it’s a bit spotty, front heavy and poorly sealed. Bonus: the charger hasn’t burnt the house down yet. Probably time for a grown up torch.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a head torch for running – no MTB content’ is closed to new replies.