Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reccomend me a hand luggage case
  • timthetinyhorse

need a hand luggage case that is also going to protect my laptop, the Evoc ones look good but are pretty pricy!!

what are others using to do this??

Cheers

globalti
    Free Member

Samsonite soft case; use it to carry overnight stuff out on a trip in case the airline lose my case then squash it flat and pack it in my hard shell Samsonite for the trip home when it doesn’t matter. Laptop goes in a laptop case, soon to be replaced with a small rucsac as is now fashionable.

If you’re lucky enough to live in Greater Manchester or Lancs there’s an Antler factory shop just between the M66 and Bury with stuff like this at half price.

Solo
    Free Member

HTH.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m leaning towards the evoc as I travel far too much and based on the quality of the world traveller I’m impressed. Also different enough to the samsonite

bruneep

liking the evoc as well, just trying to justify the price to my CC, if anyone has one to sell on let me know 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Cheap luggage isn’t worth buying if you do more than one trip a year. Buy cheap = buy twice.

john_drummer
    Free Member

how about a Pilot Case e.g this £16 one? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2858542.htm

I’ve used this on a few trips Leeds-Dublin & beyond. Laptop has its own compartment, and the rest is big enough for a few changes of clothes, pair of shoes etc

I also use it for band stuff, for carrying guitar FX & cables, drum tuning dial, microphones etc, when I’m not travelling.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Antler customer service is tremendous. 10 yr warranty n they just replaced my cabin case at 7yrs old as a wheel had deteriorated, no questions asked.

ElShalimo

Asda Bag for Life – 6p

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and for balance I currently use Thule backpack which is great and tough (lots of trips so far with it) but the idea of the wheeled evoc with the detachable backpack and backpack straps for the main bag does appeal.

The only real downside is it’s 3.9kg and I only get 7kg on some flights (not been weighed in a while but trolley bags always seem to be the ones picked out.
    In comparison the World Traveler weighs 5.3kg for a 125l bag.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a hand luggage case’ is closed to new replies.