Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • reccomend me a gilet…please
  • al1982
    Free Member

hi, looking for a gilet upto about £50, any reccomendations?

nothing too warm, so ideally just a windproof one

chakaping
    Free Member

Check out the deals on here, picked up a couple myself and very pleased with them…

http://startcycles.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?order=relevance&dir=desc&q=scott+gilet

warpcow
    Free Member

Endura Lazer. Light, packable and perfect for a sweaty one like me.

mrchrispy

I’ve tried the cheap specials from lidl, a dhb one and a endura in the past all okay but had issues (fit/falling apart/etc…).
    in the end i picked up a gore one which is perfect (linky), worth it if you can strech to it (or find a bargin)

Mackem

SJS cycles had some Enduras for 25 quid. Absolute bargain.

If not, the DHB ones are good, if you get the right size, get a size larger than you think you are.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I bought a Lusso Skyline,showerproof and windproof,nice and light.Great bit of kit .RRP 29.99.Most Raleigh parts dealers will get these in now as Raleigh are selling a selection of Lusso kit.
    Thanx,
    Max

al1982
    Free Member

thanks guys, some good suggestions, think im going to go with a Scott one from Start Cycles.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of the Scott ones too – they’ve got some cracking deals on that site.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

What is the ‘fit’ like of these Scott Gilets, reviews online make them out to be pretty tight for their size.
    I am 6ft, 85kg, 42″ chest, 34″ waist, would XL be the best size for me?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I snaffled a Montane Pertex one at TakkyMaxxx for £10. Which was nice.

It’s very, very good indeed, too.

tinman66
    Free Member

Definitely tempted by one of the Intrepid Gilets http://www.intrepidapparel.co.uk/intrepid-freedom-gilet

My brothers got the soft shell and loves it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Thesurfbus – I have no idea! I thought that I’d take a punt on a large because that was all they had left. If its too small, I’ll just send it back.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Thesurfbus – just looked at the Scott size chart and I’m borderline between L and XL.

Hopefully I’ll get away with it (providing its not similar to Campag stuff, which is tiny).

D0NK

used to have a gore one, fit was a bit off, yonks ago tho so could well be better now.
    use a lusso one now I like it a lot and pretty cheap.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Mindmap3 – just found the sizing guide and I look like a Large, however lots of reviews here seem to suggest they are a bit on the small side, however there is nothing worse than a flapping gilet.

chakaping
    Free Member

What is the ‘fit’ like of these Scott Gilets

I bought two.

The RC Pro Minus (which I’m delighted with) is Euro roadie fit, ie. I got large but am usually a medium.

The other one (can’t remember the name, but the hi-vis one) was a bit more roomy but still fits well enough when on the bike. Medium could well have been too small.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hmmm…does sound like the sizing is a bit off, but given how much it was, I thought it had to be worth a shot.

Can’t be any worse than Campag stuff…their sizing is way off everyone else’s.

ElShalimo

I got a Pearl Izumi barrier elite from Wiggle recently for about £25
    So far so good. Good fit and has been great on the bike, running and playing footy

mindmap3
    Free Member

My Scott gillet arrived this morning and fits well…it’s certainly fitted but I dint think that I’d want the next size up…it’s perfect with a base layer and a jersey underneath.

Seems very, very good quality and more substantial than I was expecting. Bargain fir thirty quid.

al1982
    Free Member

my Scott gilet arrived today, i went for the next size up (usually a M but went for a L) and im glad i did, it is still a bit tighter than i was anticipating. seems to be a high quality item! very pleased with it.

mindmap3
    Free Member

They work well too.

Used mine Friday night and it kept all of the wind of me, as well as keeping me toasty.

I’m normally a large and think the fit is good. Quality is great, but then with an rrp of £135, it needs to be.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘reccomend me a gilet…please’ is closed to new replies.