Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • reccomend me a bike ride in the yorkshire dales
  • chutney13
    Free Member

pretty much as it says, preferably south dales, anything up to a full day. as were about to have our summer thought a couple of days off would be good. thank you.

Pook

ah…. I know a cracking route in the northwest dales if that helps….?

chutney13
    Free Member

if it’s worth a journey then i am definitely interested. looking for the best they have to offer.

neninja
    Free Member

Don’t know the S Dales so well but there are loads of rides in Swaledale around Reeth (you can start from Dales Bike Centre and return for tea and cakes) and from Hawes in Wensleydale.

This site has a selection of routes in the Dales – http://www.mtbthedales.org.uk/mtb-home/mtb-findaroute.htm

Pook

Start at sedbergh, up north to the calf and then down bowderdale beck to bowderdale. Find your way east to ravesnstonedale, then swing south towards adamthwaite, but take the bw left and to murthwaite, then around the bottom of Brant fell on bw back to sedbergh.

Incredible ride.

brettjackson
    Free Member

Just outside the dales, but start at Pateley Bridge and head west on the nidderdale way and follow it to scar house reservoir. You’ll have to do a bit on the road through Middlemoor to avoid the fp. Once past scarr house take the higher bw path that does a big arc back round to Pateley.

Alternativeley Draughton, Skipton, Sharp Haw and back via Rhylstone moor. It’s going to be boggy in places at the moment though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘reccomend me a bike ride in the yorkshire dales’ is closed to new replies.