Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recalcitrant espresso machine
  • ratherbeintobago

Have a deLonghi EC710 which is not producing coffee. Boiler seems to work (can make vast amounts of steam) but pump makes a frantic racket but doesn’t push any water through. This has been sat idle for a while (trying to get it going today); I’ve tried cleaning the coffee outlet as per the instructions but this has not helped, and I suspect the pump feed or outlet is blocked.

I am trying to work out whether it’s goosed or salvageable – anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Ta

Andy

BigJohn

Sometimes descaling works. Sometimes stripping the filter head back and scraping out solidified residues helps. Sometimes it’s the solenoid and it needs to be turned upside down and tapped.

The best thing is to take it apart as far as you can and put it back together. For some reason this usually works with mine.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’m no expert, but would suggest to put lots of vinegar/water through it to descale it if it has been used in a hard water area.

allthepies
    Free Member

I have one of those machines and have just finished a latte from it 🙂 As above, try descaling it.

ratherbeintobago

Thanks all! I shall give descaling a go.

Andy

BigJohn

If you descale it, use a proper descaler, not vinegar.

If there’s nothing getting through at all it might be hard for the descaler to attack the blockage.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Thought my 15 yo Krupps was dead til I did a proper descale. Now gushes steam like an A4 Gresley Class locomotive.

Use a proper descaler mind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recalcitrant espresso machine’ is closed to new replies.