Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rebthal or WTC 1×10 options
  • bruceonabike
    Free Member

I want to switch my Sramm XX 2×10 to 1×10 setup and so I’m looking for a suitable 36t chainring. By suitable I mean 120 bcd in order to fit the XX spider.
    After an evening of surfing I’ve identified 2 options:
    1. WTC Drop Stop
    2. Renthal SR4

The WTC option claims not to need a chain guide and I like the idea of that. Although I haven’t found a UK distributor and don’t really fancy ordering from abroad.
    The Renthal option is described as having offset teeth to give better chain alignment, though I’ve no idea whether the WTC ring does this too.

Has anyone had experience of either of these rings in a 1×10 setup, particularly if with XX cranks?

Are there any other options I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

bump. perhaps I posted at the wrong time of day? Any advice greatly appreciated.

honourablegeorge

Renthal are a bit behind the game – most other companies have the Narrow/Wide rings which eliminate (in most cases) the need for a chain guide.

Do the XX cranks have a removable spider? Absolute black do a direct mount ring in that case, might be the lightest, cleanest option

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Do the XX cranks have a removable spider?

No, it is integral to the crank. see..

AlexSimon

Edited, because I see your reply above.
    120bdc isn’t on a lot of people’s lists. 104/110/130 seem more common.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, Wolf Tooth looks like the only 120BCD show in town – that’s what you need. If the WTC rings work as well as RaceFace/Hope/Absolute Black/Works etc, then you should be on a winner.

Wolf Tooth Components Shows Prototype CX Chainrings, 120 BCD Rings Now Shipping

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Impressed with WTC shipping, let’s hope performance matches up. This goes on the Superlight tonight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rebthal or WTC 1×10 options’ is closed to new replies.