• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Rebound. Where's yours?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Where’s yours set to?
    All the way to the + or – or half way or half way + 2 clicks

racing_ralph
    Free Member

2 from fastest

chiefgrooveguru

Somewhere lost in the Sussex countryside…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think my last one currently lives in Manchester with 3 kids, she married some rich bloke, divorced him fairly quickly and got the house.

As for my forks

Magura 3 clicks from closed
    Manipoo 1 click from open
    Zocchis somewhere in the middle

Go for a ride and play around a bit untill it feels right, this advice applies to both rebounds.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s absolutely pointless sharing any suspension setting.

The only thing worth sharing is the knowledge of how it works and what the adjustments actually do so everyone can understand and know how to set their own suspension up correctly for themselves. 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

I like mine fast but not really really fast.

Kev

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I have no idea, i set it somewhere in the middle before i’d ever ridden the bike and havent touched it since!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mines at 2 clicks slower than middle on my ‘zocchis and in the on my toras

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Fox F32 Front – 9 of 12 clicks out from full damping (9 clicks counter clockwise)
    Fox DRCV Rear – 4 of 8 clicks out from full damping (4 clicks counter clockwise)

chiefgrooveguru

’Bracketing’ to tune in suspension – courtesy of Lee McCormack and Fox. Makes a lot of sense!

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

PP +1

I_Ache
    Free Member

I honestly don’t have a clue. I set it somewhere in the middle and if I ever think its too fast or too slow I twiddle it. I do know the pro pedal on my shock is about 12 from open.

float
    Free Member

4 down from fastest on my coil sektors

SOAP
    Free Member

I’m a half + 2 to the +(fast) myself. On front and back (Fox)

nedrapier

I remember setting it reasonably fast, but not all the way fast when I fitted it, and I’ve not touched it since.

I couldn’t say for certain whether I’d notice if someone messed about with it while I wasn’t looking…

momo

Where it feels right, 1 click out from slowest on the rear and no idea where the front sits.

GEDA
    Free Member

But how do you set up high/low speed compression??? Got some RC3 55 and it does not seem to make any difference which way they are set up. Nice forks though.

Euro
    Free Member

Depends on the terrain but a click or two on the slower side of the middle is a pretty good general setup for me.

LoCo
    Free Member

Usually about 2 to 5 clicks from full slow, but varies from unit to unit, here’s a handy guide to help with setup:

Rear shocks,

http://locotuning.co.uk/rear-shocksrb.html

Forks,

http://locotuning.co.uk/forksrb.html

hope that helps 😀

LsD
    Free Member

Eleven

GW
    Free Member

It’s absolutely pointless sharing any suspension setting.

it’s not pointless sharing settings at all if in they’re context!

The OP’s question, along with most replies other than LOCO’s and Chief’s are as pointless as a “how much sauce do you put on your chips” Poll tho.

spooky_b329

I start with none and then turn it up until it starts to actually slow the forks as they extend.

The other method I use is ride off a large kerb repeatedly, turning up the rebound until the suspension stops kicking down to meet the road.

solamanda
    Free Member

With the exception of some DH forks/shocks, rebound settings only effect the low speed end of the rebound control. High speed rebound control is set internally in the shim stack. So this effects how bike bike feels after a deep slow hit, g-outs, high force berms and rider input. Basically you can’t go far wrong with setting it too slow. Contrary to alot of advice I tend to set bikes so when you push down on the forks/rear shock they feel a similar speed (but very slow). The worst that’ll happen is packing down, which at the end of the day makes it at worst feel like a shorter travel bike. I find that only happens on parts of a track where poor performance of suspension only effects comfort, not speed. The slow rebound produces real benefits for stability where grip is limited.

Don’t forget that a fast bike setup won’t always be the setting that makes it feel comfortable.

LoCo
    Free Member

GW, I like a lot of sauce on my chips 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Rebound. Where's yours?’ is closed to new replies.