Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Rebas ? Tough or not ?
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Just wondering whether RS Reba's are tough to take a bit of a beating or are they out and out XC forks. I am not heavy (65kgs) and I do tend to ride wheels on the deck most of the time. But I was mainly wondering whether they would take an occasional hit, or bottoming out, Nothings gonna bend or break is it ?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have beasted mine. 2008 Reba Race 29ers. I have hit them pretty hard in the welsh trail centers. Not had to touch the yet.

So yes I would say they are tough.

Wozza
    Free Member

I'm 90kg and they feel fine. Rating on the side of the fork goes up to 100kg and I reckon they'll do more than that.

stumpy01

Tough enough for what you describe definitely.
    I weigh 75kgs or so in my boxers & have given mine a fairly hard time – the normal trail centres, Stainburn, a week with Ciclo Montana riding over lots of bumpy, downhill, scary rock type stuff.

I think they are great forks.

nedrapier

I think even if you were asking about the new SIDs, the answer would be "you'll be fine"

I'd say you'll have no problem with the Reba's, they're specced on some reasonably ruffty tuffty full suss bikes.

crc and bikeoutlet have good deals at the mo.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I gave a set a right battering for a few years, serviced them, sold them on still working as good (Or better after TFT) as new.

You can't kill 'em with a stick!
    😀

cxi
    Free Member

I'm 85kg to 90kg (before I put my lunch in the Camelback) and my two sets of Rebas have been faultless.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I saw a lad riding fast on the cannock chase DH tracks with Rebas. I thought he was mad.

Kramer
    Free Member

I've got Rebas on my old bike. I'm 95kg naked, and they've had a fair old pounding over the past three years, still seem to be good as new. Great fork.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I saw a lad riding fast on the cannock chase DH tracks with Rebas. I thought he was mad.

More importantly did his Rebas survive.

Maybe I am being a big girl, my mate bounced them quite hard in my garage when I first had them a few weeks back he didnt actually bottom them out but got quite close, All I kept saying was "Woooah your gonna bust them sucka's doing that, they are XC forks not DH forks !" Since then I have been paranoid that the could have got damaged ! Perhaps it just me

Keva
    Free Member

Three and a half years of abuse haven't killed mine yet -(light rider 60kg) They still feel great, well pleased will my purchase.

Kev

Keva
    Free Member

hughjengin… yup you're being paranoid, they're actually designed to do that 😆

Kev

momentum
    Free Member

If they don't bottom out occassionally then you need to ride them harder! That's what they're for!

5thElefant
    Free Member

I'm 100kg and like to make the suspension do the work (but keep the wheels on the ground). Best forks I've had.

yoshimi

Rating on the side of the fork goes up to 100kg and I reckon they'll do more than that.

Never noticed that – I'm over that kitted up and never been shy with them and not let me down – a godd purchase:)

retro83
    Free Member

the 20mm ones especially are great forks.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Don't think you'll have any probs with them as my login says iam not the smallest person around and iam not the most graceful 😉 when out on my bike not had a prob in 6mnths of using mine(Reba race 09)infact got them after a load of people on here recommended them 🙂

nedrapier

reba team maxles arrived in the post this morning! 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

Love mine ('08 dual air Races). Brillaint forks.

I'm 80kgs and like getting airborne so you've no issues at 65kgs and wheels on the ground kinda guy

hughjengin
    Free Member

CLearly I am a big girls blouse 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

hughjengin – Member
    CLearly I am a big girls blouse

Or not at 65kgs 😆

hughjengin
    Free Member

OK, A pair of big girls pants then 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Rebas ? Tough or not ?’ is closed to new replies.