Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rebas on an ASR5
  • Prophet2
    Free Member

Hi

Need to replace my 120mm Revelations on my ASR5. Was hoping to get some second Fox forks but I’ve seen a good deal for 2012 Rockshox Reba RLT Forks, 120mm.

Anyone run Rebas on an ASR5? I’ve had the 100mm Rebas on my hardtail and they are great, would be interested to hear opinions for the 5.

Cheers

Kryton57

I’m sorry to sound so snobbish, but IMO they are underspecced for the frame. Kinda like putting remoulds on a ferrari

Technically, I’m sure they work fine.

d45yth
    Free Member

I can’t see why they would be a problem…has it got a maxle rather than a standard qr? I’ve got the same fork on my hardtail and think it’s better than my Fox fork on my other bike!

I’m sorry to sound so snobbish, but IMO they are underspecced for the frame. Kinda like putting remoulds on a ferrari

I’ve never heard such s$%^&!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Technically, I’m sure they work fine

Utter toss-balls.

They’ll be rite, I do hope you’re running XTR/XX gearing though as anything else will be under-specced for the posher forks you’ll buy 😆

daveb
    Free Member

Reba Underspecced? Bollox

Great forks, just a pity about your crap frame 😉

You will love them together Gary and it will probably be a noticeable difference over your current forks. Go for it 😀

For the price I doubt you could get anything near as good and Fox would cost way more for not a lot more performance (if any).

faceplanter
    Free Member

Reba’s from Merlin I take it!

Reba’s are real world forks, you won’t have to replace the csu at the first sight of a bit of peaks grit either.
    What’s with the snobbery of Fox over Rockshox? Had many of both and I only found the durability to be the difference.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Haha Dave, I feel your love for the Yeti 😆

These will be my forks for the next few years so I just wondering if the Rebas will cope with some of the “rougher” stuff that I will play about with from time to time eg Golspie, Laggan Black (Jnr is talking about doing that later this year). And possibly some of the DH at Inners.

stevede
    Free Member

Rebas will be fine – I’ve seen them fitted to plenty of 4x bikes. Had a set on my old sub 5 and they were fine.

chakaping
    Free Member

Emailed you prophet2, might be able to help out.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Do Merlin also not do cheap revelations? These can be reduced to 130mm using spacers. Leaves you the option of increasing in the future if you want to. Depends on where and how your ride though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rebas on an ASR5’ is closed to new replies.