Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reba/Poploc remote fitting issues..
  • CustardCream

I've got a 07ish Reba with lockout and U-turn, its great.
    On top of the RH leg it has a blue compression dial/lever for lockout.

I bought a remote lever, with compression dial, to lockout the fork from the handlebar.

When I came to fit it, there is no way to attach the cable to the blue dial/lever.

I've looked about, I think I need one with a grub screw to secure the cable. This doesn't seem to be avaiable seperately. I can only find the whole kit, which I presumed was if the fork did not have lockout.

Any ideas? I am right in my wafflings above? Any wisdom would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

CustardCream

Bump.

Further investigations, I think I need a "remote spool"

Anyone seen/bought/got one to sell?

Thanks.

warpcow
    Free Member

You need a whole new damping cartridge. IIRC there're internal bits for the spring the turns the lock off.

CustardCream

……is what I was hoping it wouldn't be.
    Bum.

Thanks for your help, appreciated. 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

ask on the classifieds if anybody wants to swap. People seem to generally prefer the crown mounted lockout

drfunkenstein57
    Free Member

I’ve got exactly the same problem, 07 Reba SL, & left hand dial adjustable poplock lever. My crown adjuster is blue, with a hoop on the outer edge but no obvious way of attaching the cable.
    Custardcream….did you ever find a way round this problem, if so I would love to solve my dilema without resorting to a frankenstein type fix

Cheers

GW
    Free Member

baffles me why anyone wants fork lock out at all, never mind remote lock out 😕

slimjim78
    Free Member

for going uphill and along road faster?

drfunkenstein57
    Free Member

Lots of hills where I live, can’t be havin’ my forks bobbing up & down as I climb. Plus it’s easier to have a switch on the bars rather than reaching down to the fork crown to adjust on the fly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reba/Poploc remote fitting issues..’ is closed to new replies.