• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reba… Blackbox worth it?
  • cp

OK, new fork time. Do I go for the 2011 Reba RLT with bog standard motion control @£300, or the 2010 Reba Team with Black Box damping @£340??!

Anyone experience with Black Box damping compared to ‘normal’ motion control??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Defiantly worth it, there’s a noticeable difference on fast rocky descents.

Jamie
    Free Member

For £40 more you might as well.

glenh
    Free Member

Defo worth it, you actually get a rebound damper rather than just a hole.

Solo
    Free Member

where be these forks ?

AndrewDrummond
    Free Member

Push don’t do upgrades for the blackbox version as the internals are upgraded to a better standard than before. But you could buy the older ones and get them pushed, as then they are suppossed to be better than fox forks.

KT1973
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2010 reba team 120mm with 20mm maxle lite and blackbox and it’s excellent. My wife has Reba SL standard and mine is noticeably plusher and stiffer

cp

I hear they’re superior to fox anyway…

Yeah, I’ve read in one or two places the BB makes a significant difference. Think I might just splurge on some Teams 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Never noticed any difference myself, not even got the MoCo damper fitted!

messiah
    Free Member

My 2010 Reba SL 120mm with 20mm maxle lite could really do with a better damper – they feel crap in the rough stuff like the damper has given up and locked out or packed down.

My Older Pike teams were the same until I had them Pushed… black box or push if your a hard rider – for pootling the motion control is good enough.

cp

definitely at the harder end of things, and they’re going to be hammered in the Peaks, so sounds like Teams are they way forwards.

Thanks all 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reba… Blackbox worth it?’ is closed to new replies.