Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Reba SL travel change help please
  • Vortexracing

Righto, got the lowers off some Reba SL I have just got. I’m trying to see if they convert to 120mm.

They are currently at 100mm where should the spacer be if they can be converted.?

Bit embarrased, 😳 but some help would be much appreciated.

ta

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

The spacers should be fairly obvious. Excuse my complete lack of technical terns but they’re sat on the compression rod thingy, black things which are narrower in the middle than at edges.

Someone else may be able to describe this better!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The spacer is inside the air cartridge in the left leg, right at the top under the piston. You’ll have to strip the air cartridge to get to it. Circlip pliers needed, but it’s very easy to do

Vortexracing

cheers gents, it’s only air spring That needs removing is it?

ie only spacers on one side only?

Vortexracing

your a gent peter. The circlip was a bit of bugger, but it’s out now and the spacer removed, just needs re-assembling and it’s good to go

Ta again

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I know how to do this as we’ve done it on my 2008 ones – but does anyone know if you can do this on the 2010 SLs as well please? I need to be sure! Cheers!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MM, THE ONLY way to be sure is to open them up, sorry, but that’s the long and short of it. It’s not hard though. 30min job! 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

Gisburn tomorrow dave if you fancy it?

Kevevs
    Free Member

That guide has helped so many people out PP!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My pleasure! 🙂

singletrackmind

On my Rebas it was a 5 step 10 min job

De pressurise pos and neg air chambers

Unscrew 24mm nut on top of LH pos air chamber

3/4 unscrew nut on neg air chamber

tap tap tap with rubber mallet to loosen damper rod ass’y from base

remove nut completely and carefully push rod out top of fork leg with stick.

Then remove or add spacers as required 5mm oil in the bottom of leg , and 15mm in the top tho i struggled to get the oil in the lower underneath the rod assembly

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Ok, thanks Peter Poddy! It is a surprisingly easy job I know (my hubby’s done it on both our forks before), it’s purely that I’m selling my new rebas (straight off a whole bike purchase) and someone interested in them wants to know if they can be popped up to 120mm so was trying to find a definitive answer for them… which I guess I have! 😉 Thanks anyway! 😀

ski
    Free Member

Has anyone had this problem?

just lost travel on my Reba’s?

Gone from 100mm travel, down to 60mm & the poplock has stopped working, signs of oil can be seen by the poplock on the forks.

So wondering if its down to a problem with the poplock inside the fork and maybe a fork seal problem?

mightymarmite
    Free Member

ski, sounds like the lower oil seal may have gone, had similar issues with a set of Reba teams. At the base of the oil chamber are two o-rings, an inner and outer. They prevent the oil from draining into the lower legs. In my case the inner had rolled slightly as the shaft passed through causing a flattened edge.

Google said to let all the air out, pump it up and down a few times and see if you get full travel / lockout. If not indicates above

Next easiest check would be to drain the oil out of the lowers on the damper side, if its more that the 15cc’s id be replacing the o’rings.

Obviously there may be other problems with similar symptoms … this is just my experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reba SL travel change help please’ is closed to new replies.