Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reba SL '09 – seized damping adjusters, help!
  • RustySpanner

Morning folks.

My '09 Reba SL has damping knobs, both rebound and compression, which despite regular cleaning and liberal application of GT85 are starting to completely seize up. Rebound will turn easily for about half a turn from minimum, then requires quite a lot of force to turn at all.

The compression adjuster (Pop Loc) can be turned by hand, but will not return to open if I use the remote lever. I've replaced the cable for the remote so I know it's the fork top adjuster itself to blame.

Can I fix these problems myself?
    If so, could someone please point me in the direction of a service guide?

Thanks in advance.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The rebound knob just pulls out. Pull it out and give it a good clean underneath.

Same for the compression, but you need to remove the small adjusting knob (If there is one) which has a grub screw on the side, then remove a circlip and the cable pulley. Give it a good clean, and the top of the fork too.

Might work….might not….. 🙂

13thfloormonk

Be super careful with that grub screw on the golden floodgate knob. I 'borrow' brand new Park Allen keys from the stand at work every time i want to loosen one as the grub screw rounds incredibly easily.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reba SL '09 – seized damping adjusters, help!’ is closed to new replies.