Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reba Seals, Crap! 2nd Pair…
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

Hi all, anyone having issues with Reba seals?
    My left wiper seal keeps coming up to the top of the leg.
    Anyone else has this at all? Im on the 2nd set as the LBS sent them back, they replaced the fork straight away, no questions. But after 6 miles they have done it again!

What a load of poooo!

trailmonkey

Is that a different set to the ones last weekend ?

If not, that’s rubbish. I’d be asking for something different.

Oggles
    Free Member

Not here, had mine since October and they have had between 3-8 hours use a week since then.
    I would be disappointed if they did that though!!

retro83
    Free Member

My 09 revs did it once, reseated the wiper and they never did it again.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Doug… BRAND NEW. These are a complete new set, the LBS had to chop the steerer etc.
    Im pretty peeved to be honest as its only 5 weeks old and now going to be on set of forks number 3!
    I reckon they have a casting issue on a batch, its odd that its only ever the left!

charlierevell
    Free Member

I reseated the first set as it happend on my drive so i wasnt too worried.
    That then stayed put for 3weeks til it popped up again so i took it in as crap got under the seal.
    This time they got a little nasty inside, cleaned out, popped back down and they came straight back up!
    Gave up in the end and rode the last 4 miles with it lifted.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s the leg with the air in, no?

I reckon you could be right, re a casting issue. Give them one more go, then if even another pair do the same, get them to sort out another model of fork, or get a refund. That’s just rubbish.

Older Rebas here; 06-08 type; no probs in 8+ months.

Gibbon
    Free Member

Check that they are not leaking air from the negative chamber into the lowers.This then “pops” the seal out under compression.Or if there is too much red rum in the lowers the same happens.**** all to do with “casting”???.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Interesting thought there Gibbon… they never seem to give a pressure reading on negative. I no the chambers small so most goes in the pump but it always seems very light on neg. air.
    The reason we looked at casting is coz the seal doesnt fit properly.
    However i find all of it a bit odd when its a whooole brand new pair of forks??? Surely i shouldnt have the exact same issue twice?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

**** all to do with “casting”???.

The pressure in the negative air chamber shoon’t be enough to pop a seal. Could be that the casting/machining has left that leg fractionally too large a diameter, thus not ensuring a tight enough fit for the seal.

Why would it happen on two sets of forks??

peaslaker
    Free Member

I had this happen once with my 09 Rebas. Make sure the foam seals are fully lubed up and it is unlikely to happen again. Inevitably air is displaced in the lower leg when the fork compresses, but I think this is mostly caused by dry seals sticking to the stanchions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reba Seals, Crap! 2nd Pair…’ is closed to new replies.