Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reba RLT setup advice
  • Farticus

There might be a more useless instruction manual in existence but I’ve not seen it.

So, at 200lbs I put 130psi in the fork. Almost no sag, and about 50% of travel achieved when I would expect more (maybe 75% given the terrain and past experience). Do you run the recommended pressures or something else?

29er fork if it makes any difference.

Cheers

davewalsh
    Free Member

Is it Dual Air and have you filled the negative chamber ?
    I run my RS forks at 135 and I’m 50lbs heavier than you. Try dropping the pressure to about 105-110.

Farticus

Good point … Solo air so not one thing to get done.

iainc

I have a new solo air Reba RL 26. I weight about 175 pounds and have 85 psi in it, which gets over 110 of the 120mm travel regularly, with 25% sag

Farticus

OK, if that works for you iainc then my pressure is way too high!

frogstomp

Try this.. http://tinyurl.com/mp6zj77

Seemed to improve the feel of mine.

iainc

The pressure chart on the leg is way to high. For your weight I’d suggest 100. Best thing is to try and get the sag right, with full riding kit, first, but 100 is going to be about right

fisherboy
    Free Member

Seems to be case that all rebas I have is thatyou need to run them a lot lower than the chart suggests. Im 140lbs and run mine off the bottom of the chart at 60lbs. Also you will never get the last 5mm of travel off a 100mm fork.

Farticus

Experiments with pressure scheduled for tomorrow, I think.

Thanks for the help.

jairaj

I wouldn’t trust that link. While there is some correct things on the whole I don’t think the guy has a clue what he’s talking about.

To the OP just put what ever pressure gets you, your desired sag. Ignore the chart on the leg. If you want 20% sag and 100 psi gets you 20% sag then go for it.

There are better set up guides on Loco’s website and TF tuned. There is no one set up that is the best and works for all people, its down to personal preference. You have to experiment and find what works for you.

mudsoul
    Free Member

The pressure chart on the leg is way to high. For your weight I’d suggest 100. Best thing is to try and get the sag right, with full riding kit, first, but 100 is going to be about right

I agree with iainc. I am 169 and run about 80 psi in mine and get close to full travel. Running the “recommended” pressures I rarely got more than 50-60% of travel.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reba RLT setup advice’ is closed to new replies.