Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reba rl negative air fault?
  • donkeydave

Hi I own a a pair of reba rl 26 inch wheel 100mm that keeps losing the pressure out the negative air chamber and locking the forks up.
    If you take the fork seal out the air escapes and you add air back in and the forks are great again for a couple of hours.
    I have hardly used this bike brought in 2013 (2012 giant anthem x3), probably only 300 miles due to injury, illness and house move.
    The annoying thing is i have pimped it in that time and now feel the forks are shot?.
    I have performed a service on the lowers and the dual air circuit but this has made no difference.
    Help 😥

bigjim

My Rebas do this too, did you replace the seals? That might help

donkeydave

Hi yes I replaced all the o rings in the air side of the fork and the fork seals and foam o rings, not a happy bunny and it seems I will struggle to buy a new set of dual air 100mm 26 inch wheel forks.

iainc

Mine did this a few times. The good people at TF Tuned eventually traced it to the air shaft which had some microscopic crazing on it, just enough though to let air through. They replaced shaft and has been fine since. Not too costly.

devash
    Free Member

I’ve had three warranty replacements / repairs via SRAM and a brand new set of Rebas that have had this problem. The forks come back working fine then like yours, after a few hours start to feel hard and lacking plushness. The latest, brand new pair that SRAM / Merlin sorted me out with have been great for the longest but I just went out for a ride today and the tell-tale lack of plushness seems to be returning so I think I will get them repaired and flog them on ebay.

Its a real shame as when these forks are working as they should they feel great. Having owned the older dual air Rebas in the past though, these new single air forks are much less reliable.

acidchunks

seems I will struggle to buy a new set of dual air 100mm 26 inch wheel forks.

Should be plenty of second hand forks around though. The dual air rs forks from 2011-2012 can be adjusted down with spacers so should give you a few more options.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I found putting some thick oil into the air chamber helped greatly with this. I used fox float fluid.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reba rl negative air fault?’ is closed to new replies.