Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reba RL 2012 or Fox F120 2010 for a soul?
  • bol

I’d say the Rebas by some distance. They work really well, as do the Foxes, but they’re lighter and need servicing much less regularly. Slightly fiddlier to set up, and arguably not as aspirational a brand, but that’s what is go for. Newer Foxes are lighter and need slightly less regular servicing, but then value for money comes into play too.

Edit: sorry, just looked at the weights and it seems I’m wrong. The foxes are listed as being lighter. Worth checking though maybe.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I just fitted the 2012 Rockshox Reba RL Forks to my Virsa II last night and they seem OK. I’ve not ridden them (other than down the road and back) as I need to trim the steerer.

They seem better value as they are only last year’s model whereas the Fox ones are 3 years old (old stock).

£256.50 seems to be a bargin, my LBS quoted £399 for the 2013 Rebas and £549 (base spec) for the 2013 Fox!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahsat

Cheers both. Part of me is very tempted by the Rebas as i have worn a pair of Fox out in the past and my Rebas are still going (just), plus the fact they are a newer model. However i love my floats on my FS (though can’t afford a new pair for the soul). Anyone any idea which will be stiffer?

My head hurts…

marsdenman
    Free Member

Enjoy the new bike – on average I’m surrounded by 3 souls when i’m out with the boys – seems a popular brand 🙂
    (one on 100mm maguras, one on U-Turn rev’s and one on Terralogics – does thast help? 😉

If all else fails
    a. toss a coin
    or
    b. which best suits the colour of your new frame 😉

ahsat

Cheers marsdenman, being a girl i have already factored in the colour – has to be white. Looks like i might be resorting to the coin!

Can’t wait to get it built and ride. Present from my new husband on our wedding day on Saturday 😀 Just need some forks and headset and the rest can come from the donor bike with the front wheel stolen from my FS until i can afford a new 15mm axle wheelset.

ahsat

Been thrown by seeing a set of cross max for sale. This could get expensive…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reba RL 2012 or Fox F120 2010 for a soul?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts