Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reba Race SLs, Problems…
  • Solo
    Free Member

Hi.

I’ve got some Reba Race SLs from Merlin, May 2008, they’ve only been used by the GF, weighing less than 9 stone, fire roads, easy tracks. Went to put the bike away tonight and noticed that the forks are locked out and won’t compress.

I’ve had a play with the forks, letting the air out, putting some back in I’ve released the cable for the remote lock-out control, but to no avail.

Get a slight “thunk” sound when I lean on top of the bars.

Does anyone know what this is ?.

Solo.

retro83
    Free Member

possibly an o-ring has failed in the damper and the right lower fork leg is now full of oil which is causing hydraulic lock. Fairly simple to fix but as they are under a year old, i’d send them back

Solo
    Free Member

Retro83.

Thanks for your reply.

The grey seal in the top of the right leg-lower has risen up out of the fork and moves with the right stantion.

I put the bike upside-down to remove the wheel and oil started coming out of the fork.

I think you’re right, I’ll have to contact Merlin in the morning. This is beyond my inclination to remedy.

I’ve a pair of the Reba Race team, had them around two years and I weigh alot more than the GF. Yet they’ve been faultless…

Cheers

Solo.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reba Race SLs, Problems…’ is closed to new replies.