Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • reba race problem
  • lfcfan
    Free Member

i have a new pair of reba race forks, and having a bit of a problem regarding set up, i have put about 120psi in both positive and negative valves but it still feels as there is a lack of pressure and no plushness in them, this is the amount of pressure i have in my other rebas and they work great, i have tried increasing with another 20 psi or so and it makes little difference, also when the fork is locked out there is a fair bit of movement still, can anyone point out what the problem may be! thanks in advance

lfcfan
    Free Member

anyone?

kinda666
    Free Member

I have some Sl's from merlin, got well over 200 psi in mine, can't remember quite how much but was done on trial and error, I'm a 17st pie monster though!

BoardinBob

Reba Team Dual Airs

120mm travel

me = 190lbs

90psi in both chambers for a lovely plush feel

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

had mine about 7 months now started off with 130psi top and bottom and all ive done is reset the top to 120psi and they have been fine but then think when i got mine the concensus was that they take a few rides to bed in

Cougar

I'm glad you asked this, cos I'm in a similar position.

Got a pair of Reba SLs on the Rockhopper; I've read the destructions that came with it and a few forum posts, but just can't seem to get it 'right'. I think part of the problem is, I don't really understand in my head how the negative air affects things, in contrast to the rebound speed control.

I've currently got it to where I'm using almost the full travel on rides out, but it still feels 'rattly' and I can't quite put my finger on what I need to do about it.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Fork juice! Worked a treat on mine…

retro83
    Free Member

Got a pair of Reba SLs on the Rockhopper; I've read the destructions that came with it and a few forum posts, but just can't seem to get it 'right'. I think part of the problem is, I don't really understand in my head how the negative air affects things, in contrast to the rebound speed control.

Negative air < positive air gives a similar effect to preload on a coil fork. Just stick to equal pressure ± 10 PSI and you can't go too far wrong.

Give them a month to settle in, then give them an oil change & lube the foam rings. My first pair of Revelations had no oil when I got them, they felt shite until I put some oil in.

Cougar

Just stick to equal pressure ± 10 PSI and you can't go too far wrong.

's pretty much what I've done. Initially set up with the "right" pressure for my weight and -10 for the negative, dropped the +ve pressure when it felt too firm and left the -ve, still doesn't feel right. Guess I need to keep experimenting.

Cougar

Sorry for the thread hijack by the way, figured the responses should be applicable to both of us.

Cougar

Just stumbled across this,

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14960293

… sounds like what I need is more -ve air.

lfcfan
    Free Member

hmm ok thanks for the response im only 160lbs and my other rebas feel great at the same pressure could the problem lie with lack of oil in them? is this easy enough to change don't mind having a go myself

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘reba race problem’ is closed to new replies.