Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Reba Poploc remote removal
  • pnik

I’ve found this thread, I’ve got a 2013 reba that has a sticky poploc, I actually snapped the button and repaired it with superglue. But I’d rather have one on the fork leg and a dropper remote, currently using a decathlon dropper without a remote. I’d like to get a reverb or similar, but first need to reclaim handlebar space.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/poploc-removal

Can anyone direct me to the petterpoddy instructions referred to assuming still correct for a 2013 fork. Oh and while I’m at it, I assume I cant make 2013 100mm 29er rebas 120mm easily? Although I think they’d be too flexy anyway.

thanks all.

jekkyl

it’s been taken down. I asked the same question here:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rebas-replacing-pop-loc-with-a-dial
    and someone linked it up and clicking the link, the link is broken. You might just email peter to ask. BTW the removal of the poploc IS dead easy. takes about 20 mins if that. If you’re anywhere near staffs I can help you.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

If you need it I think I have the required topcap in the garage..

jekkyl

or maybe it just doesn’t work for me at work.

pnik

Thats great thanks guys, unfortunately no where near staffs, grew up over the border in Ashbourne but on the south coast these days.

Yes the topcap is it this one

http://www.tftuned.com/mobile/motion-control-knob/p1974

I assume i need the gubbins too, circlips washers etc. But if you’ce got that rock3gozy i could be interested, but happy to bung tf 27quid too.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I have the kit with part no. 11.4015.294.000 which I thought was the right one for 2009 onwards- blue dial, gold gate adjuster and one black washer. If its any use my email is in profile.

Like this

efcwils
    Free Member

I converted my Recon gold to the motion control knob using the TFtuned kit and the Google Doc mentioned above, I’m not very good when it comes to fettling but managed to get it done within 30 minutes, 10 minutes of which was spent wondering why I couldn’t get the damper fully inserted back into the stanction 🙂

(I was unaware that I’d moved the lockout round when fiddling about unclipping the spring inside the damper! Doh!)

pnik

thanks, I’ll give it a go, “rockthreegozy” ygm.

pnik

Ok thanks to rockthreegozy for the part but.. got in there and seems to be a,different reba. No circlip and ideas.. picture to help of top of leg without cap.

efcwils
    Free Member

If I remember right, there wasn’t a circlip on my Recons either, just a very thin washer which was also in the TF Tuned kit

pnik

Ok, me again, ‘king inept. I’ve now understood the difference between RL and RLT, mine are RL and sourced the cap and ive done the job, hurray.

But, the lockout is the opposite way around to the graphic and all other rock shox forks, is this a quirk of the process or have i somehow transposed/reversed something, i cant see how though.

I can live with it but it was a bit of a head-scratcher.

otsdr
    Free Member

They have reversed the direction/mode of operation around 2014, if I remember correctly; you can’t really do anything about it, other than sourcing a cap with different graphics :).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Reba Poploc remote removal’ is closed to new replies.