Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reba or Revelation on Stanton Sherpa
  • survivor

Just ordered a Stanton Sherpa(first 29er) and looking at fork options. I’ll be running at 120mm but would like option to change travel if needed internally.

Found some Reba RL 120 or Revelation RCT3 140 in my price range.

Can anyone advise on these forks?

Also which rims? I’ll be building on hope hubs but not sure which rims run well on a 29. It’ll be getting ridden hard so want something strong.

Thanks in advance.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Got both of those but my Revs are 150mm.

Both nice, Revs plusher.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I know it’s not a 29er but I’ve ran 120 rebas and revs on my soul and the revs are a much better fork, they’re stiffer, track better and the damping is much plusher.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have the same frame and have just bought some new Dt Swiss 120mm single shot forks for it to see the result.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get stiff rims!

I have superstar ds25, which I think are about the best vfm, but there’s lots of similarly burly rims out there.

Consider carbon if you don’t ride on rocks much.

bikeneil
    Free Member

X-Fusion Trace? 120mm, Unicrown tapered steerer, and 34mm stanchions!

What more would you need? And they look great…

survivor

Thanks all.

Rev’s would be my first choice but just noticed to change travel i’ll need a new air spring. That make the discounted fork more expensive 🙁

Rim wise if I went Stans Arch or would Flows suit a 29er better? Havent got carbon money!

survivor

🙂 just looked at the x-fusion trace. Seems like a good option. I’ll have a look see if any are on for cheap.

stuhawk
    Free Member

+ 1 for the X-Fusion trace. Only had my Sherpa a week but rides lovely. As for the wheels I’ve got Hope Tech XC’s on Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I have the stanton sherpa and bought the 2015 Rockshox Reba rl forks they are great,as for wheelset I have hope pro II evo hubs on WTB st i23 rims and strong and light.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reba or Revelation on Stanton Sherpa’ is closed to new replies.