Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • reba lock out not working
  • pjt201
    Free Member

right, the lockout on my 2008 reba sl’s has been doing nothing for a few months now (ever since i changed the oil) have measured and remeasured the oil in them about four times now. have increased the oil by 10ml to see if that helps and the lockout still seems to do nothing. i’m now thinking the seal at the bottom of the motion control unit might be at fault, does that sound reasonable? anyone got any other ideas?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

I have the same problem, and I too think a seal has gone, but have no technical knowledge to back this up.

Anyone?

coatesy
    Free Member

2008 Rock shox have had a lot of problems with faulty damper cartridges, haven’t dealt with Rebas but replaced quite a few Darts and Toras. Fishers Outdoor and Liesure (the importers) are aware of the problem, and are probably the best people to speak to for advice.

pjt201
    Free Member

bah, that’ll learn me for buying off ebay…

Top.Dog
    Free Member

ebay sucker here too

coatesy
    Free Member

Worth giving the a call anyway, they know of the fault (if that is the problem), and may well send you the part required foc.

pjt201
    Free Member

i think i’ve sorted it now. added a bit more oil (probably about 15ml over the recommended amount) and the lock out and rebound damping seem to work properly now. hopefully this shouldn’t be a problem. i worked out the volume by dipping the fork and making sure that the level of oil is the just below where the bottom of the motion control unit will sit. seems the oil was about 10mm lower before which might be the reason it didn’t work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘reba lock out not working’ is closed to new replies.