Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • reba fork set up
  • zippykona

Having trouble getting my forks plush. They are a month old now so should be well bedded in.
    Keep dropping the pressure and have ended up with about 40% sag according to the markings on the fork.
    They don’t seem to drop into hollows, you notice it when going off a kerb. The whole bike goes down and then forks compress.
    With my old Marzocchis the forks seemed to extend off the edge and then compress as the bike followed.
    Have an older set on my other bike and they are fine.

fenred
    Free Member

Weird one, checked ur rebound damping?

zippykona

Had it fast, slow and in the middle. Erring on fast as on stutter bumps it seems to pack down. Read about hydrolock somewhere no idea if this is related.

fenred
    Free Member

Not sure then bud, if u don’t get any joy here I’d go to BR and talk to nicklouse in workshop forum…bit of a guru in all things techy …

Edit-having read some of the advice here proceed directly as above

legend
    Free Member

wouldn’t be the first set of RS’ to come out of the factory with a dodgy setup. I’d dump all the oil and start again

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

With Rebas it’s not so much about the pressure as about balancing the positive and negative pressure . Roughly the same in the pos as neg and if you want more sensitivity up the pressure in the neg chamber .

zippykona

Not tried more pressure in the negative shall give it a go tomorrow, ta.
    PS negative is the bottom one I assume.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’d drop all the air out of both chambers then start again. Positive needs to be pumped up first, then negative, or the floating air piston will pull the forks down.
    Hope that makes sence!?

winterfold
    Free Member

What golden wonder said – you must do it in the right order

zippykona

When I put the extra in the negative chamber this morning it did pull it down. Is it possible to run extra in the negative without reducing the travel?
    Is there any real benefit to having 2 chambers? My old zocchis one chamber, never had an oil change and a once yearly air top up but still the kings of plush.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

The way that dual air Rockshox work, whenever negative pressure is greater than positive, it will pull it down. The greater the difference, the more it will do it.
    Did you drop all the pressure out of both chambers first? Preferably negative first.

baznav73
    Free Member

The rockshox dual airs are a pain in the arse to set up the pressure guide on the back of the leg is useless, but once you get it they are great and when you find you preffered settings write them down somewhere.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘reba fork set up’ is closed to new replies.