Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reba Dual-Air – Adjusting the travel???
  • nuke

Can 100mm Rebas be converted to 120mm? If not, I'm assuming 120mm can be reduced to 100mm though?

Also if I had 120mm Rebas and I reduced the travel, would it reduce the axle to crown height?

BoardinBob

09 non OEM Rebas can be adjusted between 80 – 120mm using the all travel spacer.

There's less stanchion on show at 100mm than there is at 120mm so I'm assuming this reduces the axle to crown height as the travel is reduced.

nuke

Cheers BB

09 non OEM Rebas can be adjusted between 80 – 120mm using the all travel spacer.

Thats interesting…so the ones on the On-One site (although it was the maxle ones on CRC that I did want but they have just sold out 😡 ) cannot be increased to 120mm 😕

BoardinBob

Best to check with them to see if they're OEM but I have these

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/info_FORSRETE.html?height=500&width=600

Bought from another shop though, but I increased travel from 100 to 120 and they could have went down to 80 too

nuke

Hard to tell on Merlin/O-O/CRC etc if the forks are OEM…nobody seems to say for sure.

If it states 'All-Travel', does that mean they can be adjusted between 80/100/120?

Anyone know the axle to crown on a 100mm Reba (09 or 10)?

BoardinBob

All Travel does indeed mean 80/100/120 but some OEM forks can't be adjusted. FWIW I highly doubt the Team forks are OEM. They're top of the range efforts but they're the same price as the SL and Race models at On One.

avalanche
    Free Member

I have a set of REBA SL dual air and have just upped the travel. They were set at 100 and are now 115mm. The spacer measures exactly 15mm and is in the left leg below the piston. Quite a fiddly job. Check out youtube for official SRAM howto. Forks needed a service anyway and are now amazing.

kinger

nuke – I'm selling a set of 120mm Tems with Maxle if you want some?
    Stu
    sking24 hotmail com

Oggles
    Free Member

My 09 Reba SL from Merlin was adjusted to 120 no problems.

I read somewhere (MTBR??) that OEM forks could have shorter stanchions, so if you increase the travel the bottom of the stanchion will sit above the bottom of the bushings. **I don't know if this is true**

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I adjusted the stock 85mm Reba SLs on my 2006 Giant XTC to 100mm travel.So not sure that all OEM Rebsa are fixed travel.

nuke

Kinger – YGM

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reba Dual-Air – Adjusting the travel???’ is closed to new replies.