Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ReBa +/- air pressure
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I weight 75kg, the fork label suggests + and – air chamber pressure of 105-120psi for a rider of my weight. They feel rock hard! does anyone have any suggested settings for air pressure for a 70-75kg rider.
    Also how long to wear in new forks?

thanks

jamesb
    Free Member

ignore the label, it suggests pressures way too hard. At 80kg on a set of 06 Rebas I ran 100psi max. Judge fork +ve by sag, aim for 15-25%, not by air pressure. No doubt LoCo will add in to this or look at his fork setup guide (LoCo engineering) as it is excellent

carlosg
    Free Member

my ’08 115mm Reba’s have 125 psi in each chamber , I weigh in at a mighty 15 stones/95kg

jl.
    Free Member

I’m 72kg with 2010 Rebas. 90/100psi in mine. I like them quite active. Didn’t take long to bed in at all – I can’t remember for sure but something like 30-50 miles. Something like that.

fisherboy
    Free Member

hi, i weigh in at about 63kg and i run my ’08s at about 70 psi in the positive and about 75 psi in the negative. yes i like an active fork but i also tend to ride ‘light’. Just remember the last 5mm of travel can sometime be hard to find with rockshox so don’t worry if you only get say 90/95mm out of a 100mm fork.

TheMetrologist
    Free Member

Loads of stuff here :
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=183213&

General thinking seems to be have 10 psi more pressure in the positive than the negative.
    I’ve had my 2011 Reba RLT’s (100mm) for about a month now and they seem great.

Edit : Can’t confirm the 10 psi rule as I’m still playing with pressures in mine.

bakey

Hi, I’m around 65kg and the suggested pressures on the label are way over IMO. 80psi positive, 75psi negative. If the negative is higher than the positive, it reduces travel.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi set the pressures on the sag, positve first, have a look at my setup guide for rebound and compression setup:

http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

fisherboy
    Free Member

Change the theme a bit. How does everyone set there compression damping and floodgate settings. must admit i’ve not really played with these as the forks seem to run fine, but just interested to know how these effect the performance.

easygroove
    Free Member

Just been for a ride no 1 with the rebas and have adjusted +/- to 65 and 55 respectively, it seems quite low and still leaves a good inch on non used travel up to top of stanchion. Are lower air pressures recommended to get the most oout the fork??

downshep

Curiously, I weigh about 75Kg and run my rebas at +ve 75psi. -ve is slightly less to liven the fork.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ReBa +/- air pressure’ is closed to new replies.