Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reba 29er 120s black box vs Manitou tower pro 29er forks
  • Lester
    Free Member

Hi all, currently got reba 120s on my fireline and i also have a brand new set of Manitou tower pro which are unused and can be sent back.
    has anyone got any experience of both sets of forks before i make the potentially expensive mistake of putting the Manitous on and finding i preferred the Rebas.
    thanks
    Lester

five7five
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden the Reba but I believe most Rs use the very similar dampers.
    With that said the latest revs which I have ridden are really good but they are not anywhere near as sensitive to small bumps as the tower pro . Overall I’d go for the tower because it is really tunable owing to it having both coil and air springs.

rickon
    Free Member

I can counter that in good STW style 😉

I had a set of Tower Pros 120mm, found them too linear, and felt a bit flimsey for my liking.

Replaced them with 140mm Revs, and they’re loads better.

Although, the caveat is… Taper and 20mm bolt through vs Straight (although crown reducer, so arguably still taper) and 15mm.

It’s very true the Manitou is incredibly tuneable, with different springs, and volume reducers, shim stacks etc… however, are you going to do that?

Over to the masses for counter opinions. 🙂

naffa
    Free Member

I rode my Corratec all summer on tower pros. They are a very plush fork and if you want to you can tune them very specifically to your needs. I found them very stiff with no flex and a 20mm axle. However the forks went through their travel very very easily and with my 17.5st body weight I found that when crossing ditches I usually ended up over the bars as the forks went through all their travel and couldnt come back up quickly enough. I wouldnt have another pair.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

If you weigh that much you need to email manitou and ask for the clydesdale spring.

They sent me one for free

Lester
    Free Member

thanks guys
    hmmm
    what to do
    im 15 stone do i need the clydesdale
    Lester

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reba 29er 120s black box vs Manitou tower pro 29er forks’ is closed to new replies.