Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reba 2010 – oil leaking from rebound adjuster
  • rondo101
    Free Member

Noticed it at Afan last weekend; assumed it would be the crush washer, so did a lowers service today & replaced the CWs both sides. Oil is still leaking from the rebound adjuster.

There’s a few posts online that indicate it could be a problem with the rebound damper seal. The fork is still in warranty; would it be covered? Or is it an easy/cheap job to do yourself?

coatesy
    Free Member

As said, probably the rebound cartridge seal leaking oil into the lowers. Should be covered under warranty.

bigjim

Common problem, has happened to Rebas and Revs here. You can replace the umbrella seal with an o-ring pretty easily, up to you about warranty, probably worth a pop.

Repair Leaking Pike Motion Control

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rondo101
    Free Member

Merlin have said that seals aren’t covered under warranty & would cost c£100 to get fixed (including full service).

Surely it can’t be that difficult to do myself. Any idea which seal kit I’ll need?

coatesy
    Free Member

Normally just an o-ring on the rebound damper shaft, so not expensive, but the fork will need a full stripdown to get to it, and fresh oil for the rebuild. Try giving Locotuning a call for seals, I think he’s sourced individual seals.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reba 2010 – oil leaking from rebound adjuster’ is closed to new replies.