Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • REBA 2009 MC Damper service help
  • Oggles
    Free Member

The spring in the damper cartridge will not return the poploc lever, making the lever effectively useless. You can turn it on but have to release it by pressing the lever and twisting the top cap. Either the assembly has seized up or the spring has lost its boinginess.

Soo.. I'm servicing the fork anyway and popped the cartridge out. Any ideas for freeing it up? I was gonna let it bathe in some oil for the night unless there is something else.

Is the spring replaceable? There are no damper service instructions. I have an idea how to take it apart but dont want to break it! I remember PeterPoddy had a guide with it in but i don't have a copy and the aol hosting is now closed apparently.

stumpyjon

Full service guides here:

http://www.sram.com/de/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=1&subcatID=8

Probably gunked up.

Oggles
    Free Member

Those are the instructions I've been using, but there's no mention of servicing the actual cartridge. As if they expect you to just put a new one in!!

You're right though, must have been gunk.

I've been lubing and twiddling it for the last half hour and it seems to have freed up. 😯

whyter

You can open up the cartridge – it's a left-hand thread. So turn the red cartridge bit clockwise and it comes off the top cap. I had to take mine apart to fix an oil leak from the top cap…

Oggles
    Free Member

Thanks whyter 🙂

Those cartridges are sharp… shredded my fingers trying to twist the cap off. Must wear gloves next time!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘REBA 2009 MC Damper service help’ is closed to new replies.