Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reasons why friends and riding are awesome…(WARNING, happy thread content)
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

Well, I don’t know about anybody else, this being STW chances are you’re all carving “what tyres for Espresso machines?!” into your arm with a paperclip like the middleclasswhineygoths you all are… but I LOVE riding bikes, and I love sharing the experience with friends 🙂

I’ve been slowly building up distinct elements of pimp for my ever-so-classy bike, the almighty Carrera Fury. This weekend Mr Southern Sweaty Yeti came over with the right tools and know-how to help me (well… do it for me 90% of the time) install my new shiny bits. My Halfords beast now sports a 1X9 set-up with new X0 cassette, 991 chain and super-sturdy anodised purple ring up front 😀 I know, I know… you’re all jealous of such a fine steed, but wait.. there’s more 😀

Not content with just pimping my ride we figured it was such a beautiful day we should probably meet up with more friends and go for a play in the woods, so we did… it was awesome. And I got to try out yeti’s grown-up bike which helped me concrete the decision to invest in a good quality fullbounceyhorse.

Roll on Thursday when I’ll be spending some time with Mr Jedi.

Bikes are fun, spending time with friends is fun, playing in the woods in fun.

Anybody else had fun recently? :mrgreen:

rocketman
    Free Member

Bikes are fun, spending time with friends is fun, playing in the woods in fun.

Anybody else had fun recently?Yes it’s like that all the time 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Too many words and not enough pictures!
    Will somebody not drag that man back down into the mire from his elevated position of smugness.
    😉

Pyro

Yep! Took a mate of mine over to Dalby yesterday for a bash around the red route. I’ve never completed the Dalby red before, due to always having broken either my bike or my riding partner, so we set off conservatively. He ended up pretty battered (he’s more a runner than a biker) but made it round and I had a great time leading and enjoying the swoopy jumpy bits. And we made it back before the cafe closed so it all ended on a tea-and-cake note. Brilliant!

binners

It really is great isn’t it! On saturday some of us northern contingent had the pleasure of mr and mrs TJ’s company, and their tandem! Yes! He really exists! 🙂 saw a few faces I’d not seen for a while, and met some great people! We played on some great descents then sat outside the pub in the sunshine

Frankly, it was ace! Not even my afternoon puncture-fest could ruin it 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jealous, not me! Patiently awaiting payday so i can get my bike back up and running properly, times like this you don’t half realise how much you miss it! Roll on the end of the month!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I find the weather too hot, people’s enthusiasm sickening and not enough nicheness in my life.

That is all.

Cougar

TTIUWP.

Pyro

TTIUWP.

Gesundheit.

philconsequence
    Free Member

here you go cougar

philconsequence
    Free Member

70mm white AM stem ordered this morning yeti.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDApZhXTpH8[/video]

carlos
    Free Member

Anybody else had fun recently?

Everytime I go out on the bike, road or Mtb.

Was at Cannock on Sat with great riding buddies, trails were lovely and dry, sun was shining and it was very quiet.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😯

positive happy replies on STW, on a monday morning, how delightful 😀

xherbivorex
    Free Member

what binners said, but without the puncture fest for me!
    saturday was the best day out on a bike i’ve had in many a year, possibly ever. just everything was right about it; the location, the conditions (even the boggy field!) and most definitely the people. it was great to meet TJ finally, and also to do the belmont/san marino descent (TJ and mrs TJ on the tandem too!).
    i’d do the same ride every single weekend if it were possible.

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont be silly, TJ doesnt exist, he’s a figment of Elfin’s imagination!

Cougar

here you go cougar

There, much better.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reasons why friends and riding are awesome…(WARNING, happy thread content)’ is closed to new replies.