Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Reasons to buy a Land Rover # 1
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

There isn’t a # 2

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So you can cruise round with no seatbelts on and smash your sleeping child into the dash in case of an accident?

Still looking for a good reason….

trail_rat
    Free Member

reason not to own it for most folk on here 😉 – would be cross threaded over torqued bolts every where with all the tin foil hats round here.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

So you can cruise round with no seatbelts on and smash your sleeping child into the dash in case of an accident?

Maybe there is a # 2 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBLOLi_Ex-Q[/video]

gazman428
    Free Member

How about a reason not to? Mine goes into a landrover indie tomorrow, looking at a800 quid repair bill.

but saying that i wouldnt swap or sell it

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve been fighting the urge to get one for years and that pic doesn’t help McM !!

As for the mws comment 🙄 and 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

😉 Still looking for the sarcasm button…. but seriously thats not a pic that makes me want to buy something. It’s got holes in the front and I’ve driven much comfier tractors (which actually have air con and working electrics)

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s got holes in the front and I’ve driven much comfier tractors (which actually have air con and working electrics and travel at 29.5mph.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Very true trail rat, but a far nicer place to be and more practical. Whereas landrovers for most people are a lifestyle statement as they ignore the faults, problems, uncomfortable cab and ridiculous costs….
    Same as the born again hippies stood next to their air cooled VW deathtrap combies waiting for the AA while everyone else is enjoying their holiday 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im not sure the driver of the series 2 can cope going that slow though 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Also what you describe sounds like a t4 and t5 love in to me.

Guess we all have our favorites 😉

ElShalimo

The photo is interesting. Didn’t they make left hand drive versions then?
    It looks like they moved the steering column and pedals but left everything else on the right.
    Look at the position of the instruments and the key

andermt
    Free Member

ElShalimo – Member
    It looks like they moved the steering column and pedals but left everything else on the right.

Like the original Mini the instuments are in the centre.

Makes it cheaper and easier to swap between LHD & RHD.

alanf
    Free Member

I didn’t know they could time travel?

McQueen and Culkin in the same landy?

Technically they were both alive at the same time but Culkin would have only been a few months old when Steve passed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You must be mistaken alan.

No one passes in a landrover.

rOcKeTdOg

only Steve could afford the fuel bill

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fuel bill ?

2.25 petrol in the 60s/70s doing 15/18mpg – what did a 70s family car do ? Something like a cortina ? Cant have been much better my mates 2.0 capri got 25 on a run – an it sucked in comparison !

alanf
    Free Member

Ah right, Steve is now in another dimension in his Landy – might have to get one then.

cranberry
    Free Member

You don’t really need to look at the speedo on a SII (A?) Landy and if you could see it would be bouncing around too much to give you an accurate speed.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

“The photo is interesting. Didn’t they make left hand drive versions then?
    Look at the position of the instruments and the key”

The prototypes had the steering wheel in the middle.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

trail_rat – Member
    Fuel bill ?
    2.25 petrol in the 60s/70s doing 15/18mpg – what did a 70s family car do ? Something like a cortina ? Cant have been much better my mates 2.0 capri got 25 on a run – an it sucked in comparison !

Unless CFH has a time machine I’m guessing he’ll be paying present day prices for fuel.

I got 14mpg in my fairey overdrive equipt, tropical spec 2.25 petrol series III

trail_rat
    Free Member

Simple solution is to drive less then 😉

Fuel bills proportional to use regardless of cost.

Oh and 28mpg at 80pence a litre out of my 19j- hope to get similar out of the 200tdi i just dropped in.

Speshpaul

mikewsmith – Member

Oh, you best call Child line…….

matt_outandabout

It will never be appropriate in these modern times…. 😉
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/9E2p2Y]Landrover 110[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Speshpaul – Member
    mikewsmith – Member

Oh, you best call Child line…….
    Yes your parents obviously stole your sense of humour

trail_rat
    Free Member

Great photo matt

benji
    Free Member

Do landrover defender owners have special elbows, as they are the most horrific thing ergonomically, you seem to always against the door, is it so when the catch fails again, window down and hold it shut with your elbow.

Sorry one up from a tractor, work on plenty, not a fan sorry folks.

dickydutch

Ive had mine 6 years now – td5 90. Despite its foibles I could never sell it. I’ve tried twice and bottled it as soon as someone rang up after seeing the advert. You either get it or you don’t.
    Much like 650b. Or 29. Each to their own.

dickydutch

Oh, and if you deal in SPM (smiles per mile) instead of MPG, you’ll find they’re world beaters. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve tried twice and bottled it as soon as someone rang up after seeing the advert.

🙂

@matt nice photo, I can imagine for a kid (all of us included) would think Dad having a Landrover was the coolest thing.

The kid in the original photo must have been very tired to sleep in a landy when under way!

matt_outandabout

The smile on the kids faces got even wider that day:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/9DYz1F]Landrover 110[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/9E2u13]Ben[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

And other days, it was rude not to…
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/r41JJe]Lix Toll Landrover 110 above Breachlaich, Killin[/url] by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

hora
    Free Member

Reasons to buy a Land Rover # 1

Because you dont get a second crack at life.

wilko1999
    Free Member

My initial reaction was ‘Jonny Wilkinson in a Landy’

Some of my finest motoring moments were in my ex-RAF SIII lightweight; canvas, hoops and doors off bouncing along the local green lanes. Conversely some of my worst were taking it down the motorway, flat out at 55mph. EDIT: with the canvas, hoops and doors back on

orangeboy
    Free Member

if mini didnt need somthing fixing most of the time I’d have far to much spare time. And that can only lead to trouble.

unovolo
    Free Member

With a bit of effort you can make them so that they can keep up with todays traffic….

Or give them the Fatbike look…

fozzie
    Free Member

You can also use them as cat hammocks.

http://www.fozzie.plus.com/softtop/CatHammock.jpg

timber

Our new 130 turned up at work today. Only 18 miles on it so far, even got central locking, which I can’t see working beyond the end of next week. We like them.

CountZero

I have an overwhelming desire for one like this:

Although I’d possibly prefer a complete solid back with windows, more secure.
    480bhp turbo V8, btw.
    Madder than a bag of owls. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Reasons to buy a Land Rover # 1’ is closed to new replies.