Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reasons I don't need a new bike?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ok, so despite having ridden only half a dozen times in the last year I’m worryingly close to convincing myself that I need a new bike (frame and forks at least) and that it will solve my lack of riding problem (ignoring the new born baby, work pressures etc).

My current proper bike is an Intense Tracer VP with Lyrik RC2DH’s on it, XT, Avid Elixir carbons, hope pro 11 /Stan’s flow, Thomson finishing kit.

As such I’m really struggling to see how anything new and shiny will be significantly better. I’m also worried that anything new and shiny would rapidly turn into mud caked and half abandoned in the garage (like the tracer is)

Help me, tell me to stop being stupid , lose a stone and get out and ride

Thanks

AlexSimon

A cross bike has helped get me motivated in the winter (especially in the current mud-fest).
    Plenty of good disk ones at under £1000

I don’t think replacing your Intense is going to do it.

beefheart
    Free Member

What you need is something a bit different- change is good.
    A nice new hardtail or road bike will give you the motivation you desire.

Hope that helps.

peterich
    Free Member

sell up all bikes and buy a hardtail again that’s what I did because I found I wasn’t using the full sus enough
    got a cotic bfe and im having a great time on it – that said im still looking at Norco sights lustfully but ive come to the conclusion its just the buying new and shiney that will never stop so trying to fight it

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well, I do have half a hardtail – boardman comp thingy that’s not had forks or brakes for the last 2 and a bit years. Perhaps you’re right, I should get that going…

AlexSimon

Is there a local group you can go out with – having a regular set riding night always helps me.

rocketman
    Free Member

Am in the same position at the moment looking around glass’n’marble motorbike showrooms while the wind is howling and the rain is lashing down 🙁

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

My most recent bike purchase hasn’t had much effect on my riding frequency. I thought it would, but no. I think it will do in the summer, and for now I’m sticking with the turbo and a weekend ride as and when.

My biggest issue is the 6″ deep mud and filth everywhere around my way at the moment, and the fact that bikes are difficult to clean at home for me.

Your current bike sounds great. Stop being stupid, Lose a stone and get out and ride.

roverpig

What size are the wheels on your current bike? Whatever size they are they are wrong, so you clearly need a new bike 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ohhh, I’d forgotten that my current bike now has the wrong sized wheels (archaic 26″).

I suppose riding buddies might motivate me.. Hmm

roverpig

No, riding buddies will just laugh at your outdated wheels. Get that credit card out man 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reasons I don't need a new bike?’ is closed to new replies.