Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reasonably Weatherproof North Leeds/Dales Rides
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Howdy,
    After the spell of charmingly apocalyptic weather we’ve been having I’m beginning to run out of routes which don’t involve hours our grinding through calf deep sludge so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. A decent amount of reasonably technical stuff would be a massive bonus.

Tomorrow Night’s ride was supposed to be Redgate and Appletreewick but we’re starting to think that might be a touch on the exposed side…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I always think that Gisburn is pretty good in all weathers.

North Leeds and Bradford as you say are just a complete mud fest at the minute.

Up Mastiles Lane a but, then turning left off Mastiles (to avoid the deep tracks at the top) and then turning right over the hill and back down towards Kilnsey should be wet but at least not super muddy.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Gisburn’s a possibility, have ridden there in fairly atrocious conditions without a problem. Mastiles Lane is pretty bad from an exposure point of view, I was really hoping that someone might have a sneaky low-level ride which avoids the worst of the slop.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

stainburn.
    paths round washburn valley area.

fairhurst
    Free Member

Is the Dales bike centre worth ivestigating as a good starting point for excursions around there?

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

stainburn’s a good call for rough weather.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Nidderdale circuit is fairly all weather, you can do the long version from Pateley or a shorter round starting from Ramsgill/Lofthouse.

Stainburn is in the process of having the trail reclaimed from the forest. 8 years of accumulated mulch is being cleaned off the Warren Boulder Trail and lines redefined.

JonathanTompkins
    Free Member

A decent amount of reasonably technical stuff would be a massive bonus.

Hmmm

Gisburn and Stainburn as already mentioned. Stockdale Lane near Settle would be a good, techie climb in the wet.

Grassington / Conistone / Hebden is all weather but not particularly techie, as is Austwick / Clapham.

The bridleway up Ingleborough is a hard climb and fast descent.

The Cam High Road area near Ribblehead / Hawes has lots of all weather sections

lemonysam
    Free Member

Looks like mud’s going to be the least our our concerns tonight…

martinhutch

Nidderdale Circuit +1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reasonably Weatherproof North Leeds/Dales Rides’ is closed to new replies.