Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reasonably priced, reliable, adaptable hubs. Any reason not to get Hope?
  • bails

As per the title, currently mulling over some new wheels, most likely on Arch EX rims.

The Hope wheels from Winstanleys, including 20mm front and 142/12mm rear adaptors work out cheaper than a Superstar Tesla/Arch EX build and ‘only’ £80 more than the Switch/Stans Crest ‘superdeal’.

Am I missing anything in terms of hub options? It seems like anything DT/Mavic/Shimano is going to be a lot more expensive and/or possibly not switchable between axle standards. Any better wheels for ~£300?

I’m using Superstar Switch hubs on my commuter without any issues but I’m doing a big (6 day) charity ride in the autumn so ease of repair as well as reliability are important and I figure LBSes are more likely to have Hope spares than Superstar spares lying around.

sprocker
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes are doing DT Swiss XM1550 tricon’s for £350 less VIP, I have a set and they are awesome. Centre lock 142/12 & 15mm though.

Slogo
    Free Member

ive got hopes on arch ex rims and they have been faultless

bails

Thanks Slogo.

Those Tricons look decent sprocker but I need a 20mm axle to match my forks.

titusrider
    Free Member

Reason not to get hope…. outrageously/annoyingly loud?

(says the person running 8 year old chris kings)

bails

Reason not to get hope…. outrageously/annoyingly loud?

My current On One wheels are (nearly) just as loud and I’m not fussed by it.

redted
    Free Member

I quite like the noise, saves fitting a bell!
    Hopes are a piece of peas to service too and good back up and they’re British. Go for it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reasonably priced, reliable, adaptable hubs. Any reason not to get Hope?’ is closed to new replies.