Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reart shock – eyelet bushings tool
  • neilforrow

What do you lot use: Vice and sockets… or get the proper tool form TF or BETD?

cheers neil.

Del

Neil,
    got one you can borrow, and a vice in my garage you can use as well, if required.
    D.

MrTall
    Free Member

A mate did mine for me at the weekend (after the LBS made a hash of it) and he used the BETD kit. It made it very easy and took him around 5 minutes. So if it's something you'll do every now and again over the coming years i'd get the tool. I think it's about £25? As my bushings went after only 340 dry miles i'd be getting one if my mate didn't already have it as i think it'll be getting some use…..

LoCo
    Free Member

Use one of the tools, you can do it with a socket e.t.c but if you damage the eyelet of the shock your in trouble £££.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Vice and sockets, its so easy to do. No need to spend £25 on a tool to help.

glenh
    Free Member

I got a tool on ebay (together with a bunch of eyelet bushes) for about £10.

pastcaring
    Free Member

Hob Nob – Member
    Vice and sockets, its so easy to do

+1

just done mine, 5 min job.

retro83
    Free Member

I got mtnbiker4life's tool from ebay. You can do it with a socket but it's fiddly, can't beat having a proper took for it!

neilforrow

Del cheers, will call you…

anyone got a link for this ebay / mtnbiker4life's tool.

retro83
    Free Member

This was the one I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290413924866

You can sometimes get them cheaper, but mtnbiker4life is helpful and responsive to email so he got my cash.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reart shock – eyelet bushings tool’ is closed to new replies.