Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • rear wheel spacing orange five
  • mojo5pro
    Free Member

just looking at clearence for rear tyre on orange 5 and noticed there’s less clearance between tyre and swing arm on side than the other (ie wheel is not central. Wheel and brake rotor are running true so wheel must be offset to oneside which seems odd? Is this common?
    It’s a pro 2 rear hub and maxle rear end.

sharki
    Free Member

I had this one my old five, the new owner got the rear wheel re-dished which i think has sorted it.

jam-bo

no i didn’t, i put another wheel in it that ran central. still need to get that other wheel rebuilt.

Lummox

double check the swingarm is central on the bearing spigots, had me confused till i worked it out, wheel was dished correctly but still offset till i noticed swingarm was slightly out

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Lummox, – swing arm looks central to the naked eye butwhat should I look at/check exactly?

thanks

coatesy
    Free Member

Shouldn’t make any difference to tyre clearance if the swingarm is mounted offset on the bearings, the whole lot moves as one assembly.
    It’s not unusual to find a bike where the wheel is slightly offset, usually more noticable with bigger tyres/less clearance. Turn the wheel around and see if the tighter gap swaps to the other side, if so then it’s a dishing problem.

Lummox

i just judged by eye- i hasten to add there is probably a more scientific method for centralising the swingarm on the bearings- mine hasn’t moved in about a year since i fiddled. Worth double checking anyway as your shock will be slightly twisted if it is off center.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘rear wheel spacing orange five’ is closed to new replies.