Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rear wheel slipping in drop out – Help!
  • jj46

I’ve recently bought a 3 month old Piglet 2 thats running Hope pro 2 hubs. The rear had a horrible old Shimano skewer fitted so i bought a new Hope one and my problems have started.
    Basically no the wheel doesnt appear to be a tight fit in the drop out and the Hope Skewer wont clamp it up – no matter how tight it is the wheel moves in the dropout. If i refit the Shimano skewer its fine and if i swap the whole wheel with the WTB one fitted to my other halfs Kinesis maxlite 130 its also fine.

Confused and a little pi$$ed – please help 👿

Clink

Shimano qr works better than hope shocker… 😯

wwaswas

check the ends of the axles on the wheel aren’t sticking out slightly past the flats of the dropouts when tight – Shimano aren’t perfectly flat QR surfaces where they meet the dropout but Hope are. It could be the Hope QR bottoming out on the end of the axle rather than on the drop out.

legend
    Free Member

The rear had the best qr skewer ever designed fitted, but i bought a new Hope one and my problems have started.

FTFY 😉

jj46

Thanks for the replys guys.I havent ridden much in years and thought was kit was pretty good.

When the wheels in and i push the dropouts against the hub the end of the axle pokes out approx 2mm on the non drive side – i guess this is my issue. If i remember back to the days of running big uns this cant be adjusted can it?

wwaswas

Not sure it can on hope hubs, only cup and cone ones

porter_jamie

Are the grooves in the qr converters worn? Shimano skewers are the business and yet to be bettered ime.

jj46

No they seem ok – i guess i should of just bought a Shimano one..

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I had the same issue when I went to crank bros wheels and QR re fitted shimano QR problem solved

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rear wheel slipping in drop out – Help!’ is closed to new replies.