Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rear wheel hub servicing? Help please.
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Hi, just regrease my rear wheel hub because its getting sticky lately.. Bearings are ok.. Still smooth. . So just clean and regrease and put everything back..it’s not as sticky anymore but its not the same as smooth as before on freewheel.. In my other bike if i spin the cassette on the hub..it turns freely 3-4 turns…. However this said wheel i serviced (clean and regrease) just wont turn on itself freely when i spin it.. Am i missing something? Its a mavic crossride 2013 12mm axle rear wheel.
    Cheers.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

If the free hub is sticking,or stiff is there some kind of spacer or washer missing between the carrier and wheel bearing?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/technical_manual/data/docs/themes/2_19.pdf

On page 24 bottom pic of rear hub All washers and thingys accounted for.. As this is exactly the same diagram as the one i have.

I suspect this to be the culprit.. Are the bearings changeable on this one? Or do i need the whole assembly..tried to push the bearings out after taking that circlip thats keeping them inside but no success 🙁 …bearings seems smooth but not too freewheeling.if you understand what i meant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rear wheel hub servicing? Help please.’ is closed to new replies.