Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • rear tyre:what to go for?
  • london_lad_liam
    Free Member

hey all,

with the ever growing tyre market it gets harder and harder to choose as your always wondering what if…and if this was.

what im after is a fast quite round in profile round tyre with good amount of grip was looking in to:

maxxis crossamarks
    conti race king supersonices or
    schwlabe racing ralph

any one got any feed back on these as rear tyres or any other sugestions?

cheers in advanced

liam

GW
    Free Member

Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure they’ll all be ‘quite round’ 😉

radoggair
    Free Member

racing ralphs- good all round, quite fast though very puncture prone. Found them suprisingly good in the wet

conti supersonics – lighter than ralphs and i’ve found faster as well. The 2.0 is quite narrow in profile. Good grip but not great as expected and although not punctured, i’m sure they will. Even comes with a note in the packaging saying about the lack of puncture protection

Not tried crossmarks but heard there quite good, not as light as the other 2 but being maxxis will be a better puncture resistant tyre

HTH

mikertroid
    Free Member

Got a Crossmark (2.25?) on my five and it’s superb.

Also have some race kings (2.0) but they have very little grip; fast but sketchy. Also quite thin so not the most puncture-proof.

Don’t know about R-Rs.

z1ppy

I found RR’s to be great in the dry, but swapped them out a month ago after my first wet ride on them. Fricken awful on damp roots I found. Anyways the STD answer for what (UK) tyres at the moment is Bontrager Mud-X

gamo
    Free Member

Ardent is a great back tyre, although I would go for the Exo as they have a much tougher
    sidewall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘rear tyre:what to go for?’ is closed to new replies.