Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear tyres
  • marco
    Free Member

Hi guys
    I know, another f…ing tyre thread but….
    I have a Highroller on the back but not liking it, it is quite worn though.
    What rear tyres are you guys using? On one have some Minion DHR on sale for £15?? Or I have a black chilli Rubber queen.
    BTW I have a chunky monkey up front and its ace
    Cheers

Northwind

What do you want it to do? Be faster/grippier/more cornery?

Whatever it is you want it to do, a DHR won’t do it, unless you just want it to suck- plain bad tyres (the DHR2 is a different beast)

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got an Ardent 2.4 EXO on the back, and a Chunky Monkey up front.

Great combo and the Ardent is quick while still offering enough off camber grip.

Or a Minion DHF EXO for all-year round. Similar tread patterns are available but I’m not convinced anyone else has got the carcass right.

Maybe Schwalbe super gravity tyres but I’ve not tried them yet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    marco
    Free Member

Northwind – grippier, mine slides all over when braking. Will look into a DHR2.
    chakaping – cheers

dirtydog
    Free Member

Those DHR2s looks the business and have some good reviews, not tried one yet but they seem to be a cross between a DHF and High Roller. I know Jared Graves has been running one (3C EXO) on the front of his Yeti with an Aspen (Lust) on the rear and he seems to be doing alright, always nice to know what the pros are running.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Northwind – grippier, mine slides all over when braking. Will look into a DHR2.

Lol. Where are you riding? I’m running a crossmark rear and a rubber queen or minion front with the trails this dry. No lack of grip at all on hard pack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear tyres’ is closed to new replies.