Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rear Tyre – Stick with Purgatory or Twist with Aggressor?
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

I asked on Facebook opinions on a new rear tyre after damaging the sidewall of my Purgatory Grid. Quite a few people suggested the Ardent 2.4 and Aggressor 2.3. I like the look of the Aggressor, but it is heavier than the Purgatory Grid. Has anyone ridden both and can compare the rolling resistance, EXO vs Grid sidewall strength and grip?

Got a Trailstar Magic Mary up front on Stans Flow MK3 rims, so don’t want to add more drag really.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I had an aggressor tyre on the rear of my bike for a few rides and it was fine, it’s a little tougher than the purgatory grid as I’ve damaged quite a few those, while the aggressor is still ok. Not sure how they compare drag wise but the aggressor rolls pretty well when compared to the DHR2 I had on previously.

If you throw me some postage money (£5) you can have my Aggressor I probably won’t end up using it again, it’s only had about 4-5 rides.

tomhoward

I’ve both an ardent 2.4 and a purgatory 2.3, tbh I’d want the purgatory over ardent in anything more than slightly damp conditions. Rolling resistance wise, I reckon the ardent is a little better, though my ardent is on a much lighter bike than the purgatory.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I had an aggressor tyre on the rear of my bike for a few rides and it was fine, it’s a little tougher than the purgatory grid as I’ve damaged quite a few those, while the aggressor is still ok. Not sure how they compare drag wise but the aggressor rolls pretty well when compared to the DHR2 I had on previously.

If you throw me some postage money (£5) you can have my Aggressor I probably won’t end up using it again, it’s only had about 4-5 rides.

If it’s 650b then yes please! I’ll email you now.

I’ve both an ardent 2.4 and a purgatory 2.3, tbh I’d want the purgatory over ardent in anything more than slightly damp conditions. Rolling resistance wise, I reckon the ardent is a little better, though my ardent is on a much lighter bike than the purgatory.

I’m a put the tyre and leave it on all year kinda of guy so I thought the Ardent would not really cut it in UK winter months. I read the Aggressor doesn’t shed mud that well but if it rolls well I would just put up with that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rear Tyre – Stick with Purgatory or Twist with Aggressor?’ is closed to new replies.